North African Mitten - Yak-130 Algerian Air Force

Hi everyone,

My latest completion for 2019 is Zvezda's Yak-130 in 1/72, a very nice kit of an attractive little aircraft. Physically the model is OOB with Begemot providing the decals and Peewit the canopy mask. Paints are Colourcoats ARG03 Africa Korps Tan Yellow and Humbrol 103 Cream for the upper surface whilst I used 65 Aircraft Blue for the underside. The cockpit is all Humbrol - 175 Hellgrau for the base with 124 Petrol Blue (both long discontinued:() for the instrument panels whilst the MFDs are 85 Satin Black. Various Humbrol colours were used for all the details.

Unfortunately the Begemot roundels were a bit out of register on the sheet I bought, particularly the fuselage ones and there were a few errors in both the placement of the markings and recommended camouflage pattern. I did a bit of hunting around on the 'net and found THIS thread on the Yak-130 on what's called the ForcesDZ forum which was an immense help in determing the correct colour demarcation and marking placement, although I still made a mistake with the fuselage roundels! The forum is primarily in French with some Arabic but it seems like a good source for info on the Algerian armed forces 🇩🇿.

Now for the pics:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Comments and feedback welcome!

Mike.:)

• Like 14