Russian Sub Questions

I'm suspect of the painting guide for a couple of Hobby Boss kits.

1. The 1/350 Alfa class kit guide shows no red anti fouling(?) just an overall black, could this be true?

2. The 1/350 Kilo class (PLAN version) kit indicates red fouling to the water line. I have seen shots of a Russian Kilo with red up to a point but then there is a spacing to a white stripe at the water line.

Would it be safe to assume the Chinese version features this layout as well and not red to the water line?

Thanks for any help with this.

Ryan

Well this thread seems to answer question #2, with a clear pic of red to the waterline. It does look like a faint white line was there at some point.

Edited by The 3rd Placer

Hi Ryan,

1) The colour photos ive seen of Alfa's were generally a green anti-fouling paint as they operated at greater depths, but pics are few and far between, all the websites i used to access have disappeared.

2) The Russian Kilo's are red up to the mid hull, with black above and a white waterline mark on the black, but wether this is for the full length of the hull is open to debate as i discovered with the Typhoon, the red was only applied to areas to keep clear of, such as sonar and propellers. The PLAN Kilo's are as per instructions, red to waterline.

• Thanks 1