Airfix Lightning F6.***Finished********

stevej60

Morning folk's,my entry for this GB is Airfix's F-6 Lightning,I have wanted to build this kit since it was released but shied away from the metal finish but

this boxing has a two tone Gray scheme that came at the end of it's RAF service so when this GB came about I've got the perfect excuse.

f6

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 12

Great choice Steve!

All these planes were adorned with sharkmouths for the only purpose of being eligible to enter this GB! What a cosmic con!

The public should know!

Anyway, after this one you should go for the French F-100D based at Djibouti! Possibly the best shark grin of all!!!! A Red Sea shark.

Have a lot of fun and I will follow.

Cheers

JR

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jean said:

Great choice Steve!

All these planes were adorned with sharkmouths for the only purpose of being eligible to enter this GB! What a cosmic con!

The public should know!

Anyway, after this one you should go for the French F-100D based at Djibouti! Possibly the best shark grin of all!!!! A Red Sea shark.

Have a lot of fun and I will follow.

Cheers

JR

Funny you should mention the F-100D Jean I have the very decal's in the spare's box!

15 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Funny you should mention the F-100D Jean I have the very decal's in the spare's box!

It is a sign Steve! It is a sign!

Well you know what your next build is going to be!

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning folk's,haven't been able to access BM for a couple of day's but could access the loft!

20190515_203718

cockpit painted,nose weight added and a touch of flexi filler smoothed over a few places.

Good progress loving this kit so far.

20190515_205947

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

Hi folk's quick update,wing/tail underside's painted light aircraft gray and lower fuselage and tail in Barley Gray next step is to mask and spray the darker

gray on the upper fuselage and wing's.

20190524_112612

• Like 5

Nice job Steve, but.........

Have you my same problem in exhaust zone?

This is right side: correct

spacer.png

Here left side, see the end edge ! Missing a trapezoidal piece of plastic, perhaps problems during printing

spacer.png

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Just having a coffee and catch up Ettore,I have not noticed this issue I'll check it out.

Edited by stevej60

6 hours ago, Ettore said:

Have you my same problem in exhaust zone?

Hi Ettore,no issue's with this molding hope you can find a fix I'm sure you will,I've masked off the Barley Gray and the final medium gray is done.

20190525_110905

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Basilisk said:

No stopping you Steve. But I am curious what you are using the Christmas wrapping paper for on this build?

That Peter is my Hi -Tech roll out photo booth and the reason the wife swear's every year at Christmas she thought she had enough wrapping paper in the 

wardrobe,together with my £4:99 lamp it does OK for RFI shots.

20190522_104209

Anyway a timely reminder for an update,despite my blitzbuild entry which started today I got a final coat on the uppersurfaces and took off the masking

and all's well.

20190526_105032

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Excellent job, Steve! The painting looks superb. Superb!

Many thank's Nikolay,Hoping to get some decal's on tomorrow I glossed this morning and now dried nicely.

22 hours ago, zebra said:

Good looking lightning Steve

Cheer's Z,great kit will definitely do another.

• Like 1

Morning all,glad to say the decalling is going without any issue's the four piece wing white line's were a bit delicate to place but look fine.

20190601_081514

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

Hi Folk's,sadly I've neglected this build for over a month however today got a wash into the panels and painted the canopy and Missiles,aiming

for a gallery spot for the end of the week.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folk's,I think I'll call her done.Just a few decals to go on the missiles which I'm not that happy with painting wise but if they look OK I'll

fit them before the gallery.

20190721_103914

• Like 5