New pictures: XF-91 Thunderceptor 1:72

Hello mates!

Here is a quite new model, resine from Planet Models and hard to build. First fighter ever to fly faster than Mach 1 in levelled flight. Carl Bellinger flew it a lot as Republic prime test pilot.

Hope you like it!

Cheers,

Tom

P.S.   .......and now with the removed last little masking tape on the right side lower canopy frame (Alzheimer i guess) and Chief Engineer Alexander Kartveli himself (and XF-91 model)

xf91DSC_0109 Alexander Kartveli Chief Engineer Republic

xf91DSC_0138 xf91DSC_0112 xf91DSC_0116 xf91DSC_0102

Edited by replicant
new pictures
  • Like 42

Guten Abend, Sniffing Tom!

A beautiful build, all in finesse! A delightful model to behold, even if it does look a bit weir!

JR

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jean said:

Guten Abend, Sniffing Tom!

A beautiful build, all in finesse! A delightful model to behold, even if it does look a bit weir!

JR

Hello Jean,

you are right. But when they get so much love,

Alexander Kartveli Chief Engineer Republic

can they be ugly?

Cheers,

Tom

21 hours ago, Gene K said:

What were the problems?

3 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

What problems did you come up against?

Lots!! Symmetry oh noh. Scratch: All wheels, drop tanks (i didnt install them at last, now for diorama), landing gears, covers, wells, intake, probes, exhaust, afterburner, vents, new antenna cap, narrower hood, sanded and polished glass, star tracker, rivets, cockpit detail, seat, pilot Bellinger, stencilling

80 hrs solely building time...

• Like 4

Wow- best Planet kit I have seen built! Way to go, Tom! I wish I had taken more photos of the one at the Air Force Museum. I only have the Project X vacform, but I am scared to death to try it until I get some vacforms under my belt. It is a neat-looking beast!

Mike

• Thanks 1

On 10/05/2019 at 06:14, 72modeler said:

Wow- best Planet kit I have seen built! Way to go, Tom! I wish I had taken more photos of the one at the Air Force Museum. I only have the Project X vacform, but I am scared to death to try it until I get some vacforms under my belt. It is a neat-looking beast!

Mike

Thank you Mike!

Planet was not so good, but i think better as any vacforms, general measures were OK. USAFM has new big pictures when they towed it to the new hangar...

Cheers,

Tom