Hovertank from Slave one

Something to do with  Zepplins and the biscuit was first produced in Grantham, apparently,

2 hours ago, spaddad said:

If you think Grantham is interesting in a large van you should try it in a fifteen foot high truck.

We do have 2 of the most struck railway bridges in the country, it;s the traffic lights you see, they do not always work.

• Haha 1

It's update time, Hover tank fans!

R8M8QUG.jpg

I plated over that big hole on the top at the weekend so it should be dry by now.

In the foreground are the axle plates from one of those tigers, and just behind them I've joined the front top parts of the tiger to a bit of a 1/35th tank.

xgL43Tb.jpg

Not quite in focus but this should make things slightly more obvious.

x0wEOru.jpg

Apply TET and this is what you get. Figured out what I'm doing yet? (Besides saving money. Those Tigers cost a quid each!)

blckWpQ.jpg

TA Da! This should give a rough idea. I need to plate over the gap at the back to match up with the peak and apply Milliput here and there.

The turret on top is from a box of stuff I bought from the bay. No idea what it was from, but it will end up on here, eventually. (Probably).

I'll be back when I've got more done worth looking at. Thanks for looking, and your comments are always welcome.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 9

It's another update time. I've got the week off work so have been able to get on with it. It makes a nice change.

o9NbfHe.jpg

A long distance shot which takes in the upper hull and turret.

y1c2rkp.jpg

Getting closer. The rear upper hull is now faired in with Milliput, it's still wet in this picture. The turret has a hatch from something else.

It does fit better than this but will be glued shut anyway.

VF771p9.jpg

The hatch is one of those ones that lift & swivel on a rod, here under the round bit nearest you.

Speaking of hatches, did you notice that I fitted the Tiger tank ones?

lasXHs2.jpg

And here is the deck minus turret to show the 26mm hole I had to make so the turret can swivel.

yHU3ezr.jpg

Not quite sure what the bulgy thing on the front is for, perhaps some sort of sensor. It was in the spares box, it fits and it looks right, so it's staying there.

As always with these things, I love how disparate parts just fit together with no more than a quick cut or application of the file.

This lot should dry overnight so it will be back to the wet & dry again. I need to finish the turret, and figure out a weapon for it.

Maybe a chain gun? Although it should really be a recoilless weapon as this thing will be hovering.

Thanks for dropping by. More weirdness should follow shortly.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Head in the clouds. said:

how about a Railgun

I thought they were on strike again?

There's plenty of beer to be found out there. Your task, should you choose to accept it.......

• Haha 2

Thanks. I've spent today rubbing down filler and sticking greeblies onto the body. It's starting to look pretty technical.

I found the weapon parts for the turret I'm using too. It's a small single barrel cannon and I think I'll go with that.

A rail gun etc would be nice but it is a very small turret so needs a small weapon. And yes, there is now a ladder on the side.

I need to finish the turret and fit an extension to the skirt but hope to take a couple more pictures this weekend.

Thanks for looking in. 

Pete

P.S> Password for the day appears to be Jam. Pass it on. 

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

I'm just wondering when your admit that you've lost the box top for this jigsaw. If I didn't know better, I'd think you where making it up as you go along. :shocked:

Have you been making deliveries in Towcester?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-48402451

So that is my mission should I.......you bet :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nothing to do with me, Guv. I've been off work all week.

Jigsaw. Yes I suppose it is in a way. And no, there is no box top. It's all in my head. Shame really, it's probably not safe in there, the sooner I build this the better.

And on that note, I managed to get some pictures of the greebly fit so far....

JpVjAdY.jpg

There's a safety bar over the fan housing/wheel on the Tiger decking and an inspection cover behind the turret, plus various stuff on the side.

thCuKau.jpg

With the front end lit up by a sunbeam, there is a ladder here in the middle and a couple of small bits on the top deck.

1x2eggh.jpg

Now if that rectangular bit looks like a Matador roof with a German halftrack idler masquerading as a fan inside it, that's because it is.

There's a grey jobbie just above it but hard to see in this light, and a stowage bin on the left side.

More soon, thanks for looking, please wipe your boots before you leave.

Pete

• Like 6

I got a couple of hours yesterday and today so here are some more pictures.

3Jsacl6.jpg

Another box on the side plus a small ladder, and a smoke grenade launcher each side.

JJs4U1S.jpg

I really should have done a before photo for the underside but pressed on instead. Not that many people know what Slave 1's belly looks like anyway.

So, take one belly panel and chaindrill until you're thoroughly fed up with doing so. The rectangular slot and five round holes got the treatment.

In the rectangular slot I fitted four panzer wheels with plastic card dividers. At the front will be the two items on the left, plus I added the two green bits.

vhaJdVT.jpg

See, told you that's what would happen. At far right an idler wheel has jumped into the hole.

In the middle you see a green Trumpeter T-55 wheel and a Panzer idler. Together these cover the centre holes.

F6yH3Rp.jpg

Here's a close up of the front end. The sand coloured centres on the four wheels are from the Tiger kits.

cLsI9fb.jpg

And here we are with the belly panel roughly in position. Because I cut the hull to make it taller, I need to narrow this panel.

It will also need fairing in around the edges with card and Milliput.  I'm not sure if the kreiger hovertanks are supposed to be anti gravity or hovercraft type. 

All I've done here is fit lots of tank wheels but however it's supposed to hover, I think this was a morning well spent and that it looks more 'tech'.

As always, thank you for looking and I hope you're having as much fun as I am.

Pete

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1