Donington Historic Festival

Nice set of photos, looks like a good day. I do like that Bristol as a car, and that last b/w shot of the Ferrari is beautiful.

As it happens, I was at Donington last week for the first time - it's definitely one of those tracks which the TV camera flattens out. Very pretty track  - hope you had a good day.

1 hour ago, richellis said:

Nice. Was there any classic transporters there?

@richellis... not that I saw. You get everything from simple trailers pulled by a Disco to the most incredible full size artics with extending gazebo-like roof structures that pull out of the side and cover more than twice the area of the truck, with interlocking black and white tiles laid down to form a floor for a fully equipped garage with half a dozen mobile multdrawer tool chests and racks of dozens of wheels and tires. But while the cars are classics, the transporters are state of the art... I guess when you're wrenching millions (or tens of) of quids-worth of car, state of the art is what you want... They did have the Rob Walker Ecurie Ecosse transporter there on display last year, though...

best,

M.

I’d definitely have noticed if that was there! It’s beautiful, and would certainly have featured in my pics if it had been. This year, there was no race on the card you could have entered a 917 for. In the past, I’ve seen races with GT40s slugging it out with Lola T70s, and one year at least there was a Group C grid, but nothing like that this year...

best,

M.