Help in choosing paints

Feelip90

Hello,
I plan to build Spitfire MK Ia from Airfix.
The instruction contains Humbrol colors:

29, 30 and 90

Which are Vallejo Model Color (only model color i don't want Air) substitutes? 

Thank you Steve! Exactly the same paints I picked myself, but I was not sure if it would be ok (I always painted humbrols, but since I switched to vallejo, I have not painted camouflage in these colors yet).

• Like 1

@Feelip90 just be aware when using Modelshade.com, that if you start with a wrong colour you'll get a wrong match. In this case, the recommendation for Humbrol 30 as the Dark Green shade is a mistake on Airfix's part which they persist on making, so if you put hu 30 into Modelshade you won't get 70.893 as I recommended above, but if you put in Hu 116 US dark green, which is generally reckoned to be a better match to the MAP shades, you will get 70.893 as a best match, likewise with Hu 29 gives 70.921 though it gives 70.885 as a poorer match for Hu 90 but it is the best in the Modelcolour ranks, it can do with a little white in it to make it less intense.

Steve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kev The Modeller said:

Use this, it's brilliant modelshade  posted up by a member it's the easiest paint conversion tool I've ever seen or used:yes: 

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

@Feelip90 just be aware when using Modelshade.com, that if you start with a wrong colour you'll get a wrong match. In this case, the recommendation for Humbrol 30 as the Dark Green shade is a mistake on Airfix's part which they persist on making, so if you put hu 30 into Modelshade you won't get 70.893 as I recommended above, but if you put in Hu 116 US dark green, which is generally reckoned to be a better match to the MAP shades, you will get 70.893 as a best match, likewise with Hu 29 gives 70.921 though it gives 70.885 as a poorer match for Hu 90 but it is the best in the Modelcolour ranks, it can do with a little white in it to make it less intense.

Steve.

Thank you!

Steve, I have a sample of H30 acrylic and I noticed that the color differs from the old enamel H30. It is too bright. That's why I found information about H116 and based on it I choose the color from the Vallejo palette. Thanks again!

• Like 1