Dragon Fw190A9 2/JG1 (1:48)

Here is a 1:48 scale Fw190 A9 that I finished quite a while ago but never posted here. It’s the old Dragon kit re-boxed by Revell. I have a few of these in the stash but had never actually built one before. Kit had the extra broad propellers and the cooling fan with extra blades as well as the A9 hood. Despite its reputation the kit went together well only the finicky fit of the nose/wings (6 parts coming together) being a bit of a challenge. Finished in the brown rather than green RLM 81  just for the pure hell of it.  

1sUOPKq_zpsevossdeu.jpg

irVAiK7_zps7ddoe00z.jpg

7fvNtdL_zpsxvckuur5.jpg

XaFYrnR_zps4t0dukjj.jpg

Aircraft belonged to Ofhr. Wilhelm Ade of 2/JG1 stationed at Twente airfield (NL) January 1945. He was the sole survivor of his unit when they got caught taking off 4th January. They were pounced by members of the Canadian 401, 411 en 442 Squadrons 401. Ade survived his crash and his period of time in hospital thereafter probably ensured his survival at a time when the Luftwaffe was being slaughtered. Decals form Kagero's JG1 Oesau (Pt II). I am slowly but surely getting my way through the aircraft featured in these books.

regards

Brian   

Edited by BKirwan
  • Like 19

3 minutes ago, Nanond said:

I like the camo! The stripes on the propeller are interesting. 

Glad you like them ; late war camo ; fuselage RLM 76/81/82,wings RLM 76+81,used the brown version of this one instead of the green. The stripes on the propeller are visible on a number of photos of this a/c and other ones from the unit.    

• Like 1