Aoshima Thunderbirds kits, Discontinued?

Good Morning,

can anyone shed any light on the position of Aoshima and their Thunderbird kits?

HLJ doesn't seem to have the range they used too, plazajapan is completely sold out, and even the ULK stockists, Expo tools only have a handful left.

have Aoshima discontinued Thunderbird kit production?

I'll be gutted if they have as I was slowly working through the kits, and do not have the capital to buy bulk loads and store them.

best regards

Dan

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:17, Dan Griffin said:

Good Morning,

can anyone shed any light on the position of Aoshima and their Thunderbird kits?

HLJ doesn't seem to have the range they used too, plazajapan is completely sold out, and even the ULK stockists, Expo tools only have a handful left.

have Aoshima discontinued Thunderbird kit production?

I'll be gutted if they have as I was slowly working through the kits, and do not have the capital to buy bulk loads and store them.

best regards

Dan

Aoshima in common with all Japanese manufacturers only produce what they know will sell rather what think will sell and as a consequence don't overproduce to build up any stocks of any nature or have kits continuously on catalogue (this applies to most things they make not just kits), we are talking about the nation that invented JiT manufacturing after all. So when they are in production they sell quickly and you have to grab them there and then or wait until they decide to do another run, which I'm sure they will in due course. I doubt they are discontinued, rather between runs.

Did you check the official Anderson store? They had a few Aoshima kits a bit back, if a tad on the expensive side hence why they still had  a stock, I suspect.

Tommo

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid