Takom T-55AM2B, Nationale Volksarmee der DDR

Hello everyone,

Here's my third model completion for the year, Takom's T-55AM2B built mostly OOB as a vehicle of the East German Army.

Paints used were Colourcoats ARG05 Olivgrun (RAL 6003) for the base colour with Humbrol 67 Tank Grey for the rubber portions of the skirts whilst 53 Gunmetal, 110 Wood Brown and 201 Metallic Black (lenses) were used for the details. Tracks were done using Humbrol 170 Track colour over a Revell 9 Anthracite Grey base, then dry brushed with Humbrol 270003 Polished Steel and 53 Gunmetal. Weathering was done with Humbrol 29 Dark Earth, 32 Dark Grey and 93 Desert Yellow. Apart from the Tamiya primer coat, which was sprayed, it's all done using a brush!

The only changes I made to the kit were replacing the kit tow cables for Karaya items and using Mark 1 decals for the NVA insignia.

T-55AM2B NVA 00

T-55AM2B NVA 01

T-55AM2B NVA 02

T-55AM2B NVA 03

T-55AM2B NVA 04

Here's the model alongside the Takom T-55AM I completed two years ago:

T-55AM Pair 00

T-55AM Pair 01

I find it interesting to see the differences between between Soviet and Czechoslovak produced vehicles as well as the original Soviet upgrade for the T-55 and the Czech-based one the East Germans used.

Comments and feedback welcome,

Mike.:)

• Like 8

Yep, I do like them - I'll be making a start on their Type 69-II in the near future!

Two more photos I forgot to upload;

Showing the Mark 1 NVA insignia, not as detailed as the kit example but that was out-of-register:

spacer.png

A very useful reference if you can get a hold of it - "Kampfpanzer Der NVA" by Jorg Seigert and Helmut Hanske. It's only available in German but the diagrams are extremely useful for clarifying various details:

spacer.png

Mike.

Would you. please, explain those differences btw russian, chech and polish production tanks?

>"I find it interesting to see the differences between between Soviet and Czechoslovak produces vehicles as well as the original Soviet upgrade for the T-55 and the Czech-based one the East Germans used".<

Would be nice from somebody who knows.

Thanks for your reply, Mike. That solved a lot of Q :-). Hope, you don't mind if I share your link in here for others to use.

Cold War stuff info is well hidden in the Net (well, we know now - it's all that Putin bloke meddling in 🙂 )

http://www.armorama.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=167910&page=1

Zig

• Like 1