Dassault Falcon 50 Surmar

Inspired by my trip to the Yeovilton Air Day in 2018 this is my latest attempt the 1/72 Sova M Dassault Falcon 50 Surmar, typical short run kit lots of filling,

the interior is bare except for the cockpit so I scratchbuilt the area around the observers positions to fill the area around the observation windows, the

rest of the windows were blanked off as these aircraft seem to fly with blinds drawn down alot of the time.

The surface detail is very nice and the decals are very thin which means the walkway lines on the wings are best cut to shorter lengths to prevent

them folding over on themselves.

47779941361_95a0c83be2_b.jpgDassault Falcon 50 Surmar 1/72 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

47779941111_e8092a4551_b.jpgDassault Falcon 50 Surmar 1/72 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

47779940821_4a3b0c94a3_b.jpgDassault Falcon 50 Surmar 1/72 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

47779940541_99215170de_b.jpgDassault Falcon 50 Surmar 1/72 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

47779940111_cc17a93c2f_b.jpgDassault Falcon 50 Surmar 1/72 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

Enjoy,

Willy

Edited by dolphin38
  • Like 21

Beautiful model of a beautiful aircraft ! How did it go together ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FLCH said:

Beautiful model of a beautiful aircraft ! How did it go together ?

Its not a simple throw together kit, the  wing halves need a lot of thinning down and there is a fairly large gap between the wing to fuselage join,

lots of sanding needed on the mating surfaces , the decals are tricky once

you lay them down they are pretty hard to move if they are not in the correct position and you definately need to shorten the wing walkway markings

to make them more manageable but if you have any experience with limited run kits you should be fine and probably make a better effort than I managed.

Willy

17 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

NIce work Willy! :thumbsup:

I have a couple of the Amodel issue of this kit.

Were the servers windows included in this issue or did you scratch build those?

The Observers windows are included, with inserts for the civil versions

• Like 1

Very nice model, Willy! I like these French jets.

I really hope that Amodel would do a kit of the Dassault Falcon 20 as well.

Nils

• Like 1