Fw-109 A5 shoulder harness. Correct way to mount in 1/32?

Ham Hands

Hello everyone.

I have been asked to build a Fw-190 A5 in 1/32. This is a commission build and I wish to get this detail correct. I've not built an Fw-190 in 1/32 before. Any advice is much appreciated.

:)

Looking at the photo, am I correct in thinking the connection slots through high holes down to lower holes, rather than a 'loop' close to itself? And if so, would the lower holes been near the floor?

Also thanks again. This clearly shows the Hasegawa seat sits too high. I have duly lowered it. :)

Thanks again. measurements taken by guess, drilled being fitted.

Thanks, Britmodeller. I always learn here.

I hope this model

ends well. It will represent a captured and now purple grey, yellow and red Fw-190. Worked to death as a hack. Thanks again. HH.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Ham Hands said:

Looking at the photo, am I correct in thinking the connection slots through high holes down to lower holes, rather than a 'loop' close to itself? And if so, would the lower holes been near the floor?

Also thanks again. This clearly shows the Hasegawa seat sits too high. I have duly lowered it. :)

Not quite sure I understand your question. The seat belt anchor forms a sort of small triangle that the belt attaches to. It mounts in two holes ,as it were, with the lower hole just below the top of the seat in the picture above. this allows for the seat to be in different position and still allow the belts to function as intended. here is another picture with the seat in a high position.

detail_fw190a8_01.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2019 at 12:07 AM, Nachtwulf said:

f0a91226f7add949bddd449f75342800.jpg

Thanks for this excellent photo. Many reference sources, including kit instructions, incorrectly show the shoulder belt anchors mounted on top of the decking behind the seat, rather than its front face.

The 190 cockpit had better thought-out ergonomics that most fighters of the era. It just occurred to me that the belts do not have any sort of mechanism to help the pilot lean forward, as US belts and the Sutton harness typically did, so perhaps one could reach all the controls with no need for that?