Koolhoven FK.58 C1 - Azur 1/72

1 hour ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very neat build of a prototype I've heard about but never seen. Interesting!

Not exactly the prototype, the short series of some 20 was produced, majority of them were sent to France and some like 13 took part in 1940 campaign in hands of  mostly Polish pilots, therfore in Poland this is not consider so rare among modellers... By the way - the use in war was without sucesses.  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koolhoven_F.K.58

Hadz - very nice build, I see some aftermarket parts or scratch upgrade, am I right? The painting scheme is out of box?

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JWM said:

Not exactly the prototype, the short series of some 20 was produced, majority of them were sent to France and some like 13 took part in 1940 campaign in hands of  mostly Polish pilots, therfore in Poland this is not consider so rare among modellers... By the way - the use in war was without sucesses.  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koolhoven_F.K.58

Hadz - very nice build, I see some aftermarket parts or scratch upgrade, am I right? The painting scheme is out of box?

Cheers

J-W

Hi Wojtek,

all parts are from box, only MG barrels are from other kit and the emblem mermaid is a decal on individual order. Based on the scheme from Polish Fighters Vol.I - Stratus.

• Like 2

Hi Jerzy,

superb result! Congrats!

Your camo colors are spot on as far as I am concerned, which is rare enough to be worth mentioning!!

Shame this aircraft was somewhat out of its depth in 1940... but it was no the only one!

These Polish pilots were very brave men indeed.

JR

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 72modeler said:

What the others have said- a very, very nice build! I have this kit, but doubt seriously mine will turn out half as good- a very handsome airplane!

Mike

You're back with us, Mike! :)

Martin

Yep- and I've got a ton of catching up to do...you chaps have been busy little buggars while I was off-line! Thanks for thinking about me! I LOVE this little Koolhoven! One of the very few airplanes that looks great in those colors. Sort of reminds me of a Gallic  Vultee P-66 Vanguard. (BTW, Sword did a nice 1/72 kit of it and AZ Models has re-boxed it, IIRC, in case anyone is interested.) I bet @tonyot has built one in RAF, Chinese, and USAAF markings, knowing him!

Mike

https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/vultee-xp-66-vanguard.48429/

23 hours ago, Hobo said:

Very nice! The colors look extremely accurate. What paint did you use?

Thank you.

I used GUNZE H:

Green 340 or 303 - I think 340

Dark blue grey 305

Light blue grey 418

Chocolate 406

Terrific build Jerzy!

It is very refreshing to see something else, than Px. Pxx, MEx of FWx :-) Do you have any photo showing that mermaid?

I do agree with previous posters - colours  looks "spot on", and I'll try to use your choices for my D 520.

Also, I would like to commend you for not falling into the "spanish style" weathering. Those were factory-fresh planes after all :-)

Thanks for sharing!

Zigster

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:06 AM, zigster said:

Terrific build Jerzy!

It is very refreshing to see something else, than Px. Pxx, MEx of FWx 🙂 Do you have any photo showing that mermaid?

I do agree with previous posters - colours  looks "spot on", and I'll try to use your choices for my D 520.

Also, I would like to commend you for not falling into the "spanish style" weathering. Those were factory-fresh planes after all 🙂

Thanks for sharing!

Zigster

Dark blue grey is not bluish enough, so remember this.

In the book POLISH FIGHTERS COLOURS VOL.1 is one picture showing something like mermaid - so it is an interpretation based on the picture and drawing in this book.