Spotty's Last Hurrah

Just finished this 1/72 Italeri jaguar GR3 for my grandson.  Depicted as the final flight from Coningsby in 1990 (although Sgt Vernon's name on the side comes from the final taxi at Cosford I believe?), The kit is very straightforward but the decals are a bit 'challenging' so buckets of microsol were required!

Pilot figure is an awful Sword (I think?) figure from the spares box, but all I had at short notice unfortunately.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Matt P
  • Like 21

A lovely piece of work there.

I hope your grandson appreciates it.

My three year's old grandson loves the models I give him but one needs to know it will not be seen in that condition again,

Michael

11 minutes ago, Michael51 said:

A lovely piece of work there.

I hope your grandson appreciates it.

My three year's old grandson loves the models I give him but one needs to know it will not be seen in that condition again,

Michael

Thank you.

Luckily this grandson is 14 so hopefully it won't be flying round the bedroom crashing into things 😱 (although I distinctly remember combining airfix planes and lighter fuel at that age!) 

• Like 1

And thank you for bringing back happy memories.

Yes, those were the days, when a boy could incinerate himself setting planes on fire, lose an eye with a homebuilt cracker gun, go tone deaf from blowing up plastic soldiers in the sand pit with thrupenny bangers and still be ready for school the next day,

Michael

• Haha 1