1/35 Tamiya Matilda

As the T-20 moves on to ind-link tracks and then painting it's time for a little light relief. Going to build the venerable Tamiya Mstilda MkIII/IV - Going for Defiance markings but with caunter scheme from AK Interactive. OOB apart from replacing the cylindrical oil drum with a flimsie carrier and flimsies

box top:

46982270014_e99a733584_c.jpg

Edited by robw_uk
  • Like 3

do you need to zoom in on the box lid 😉 and cos thats how it goes when I copy & paste off flikr and not bothering to edit ... will do better next time (and build images will allow zoom)

• Like 3

flippin' heck... i shook the box and look what fell out ;)

32828892787_421ec70229_c.jpg

33895431828_80cd1aa004_c.jpg

32828892797_b4df0f83a6_c.jpg

Edited by robw_uk
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Hamden said:

Very nice start Rob, I'll take a seat and watch you preform your magic if you don't mind?

Roger

course not, but "magic" is a tad optimistic.... the masking is going to be painful on this... going to build & paint the lower half then add the upper and mask the little part of track & wheels visible below the side armour

• Like 1

bit more shaking... loving how well this is going together (3rd tamiya and think I will get a few more (nice to have a break from "newer" companies where sometimes the instructions/fit isn't the best). Upper hull just placed for now - will add once running gear painted up I think. Blocked off the mounting holes for the rear tank as that will have a flimsie carrier and deliberately left 1 lot of the spare tracks (were these really painted in the camouflage colour as per the box art?

anyway, I think the end of the week will see me back on indi-tracks and then painting of the t-20 but this is such a relaxing build (pity I want to stress myself with the caunter scheme ;-))

33911588978_50f9e27249_c.jpg

46872234575_b696c1d332_c.jpg

46872234565_6086cf45dd_c.jpg

40822256143_1f801dbae1_c.jpgIMG_20190506_152450 

Edited by robw_uk
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Hamden said:

Coming together nicely Rob

Roger

yep - still not looking forward to masking the pain scheme tho!!!

2 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Which is easier track bashing or painting though?

Roger

ha... actually i don't mind indi-link (Dragon especially)- i just need music and to be in the mood. The pain with the T-20 is their size (and the fact I need to take them off the sprue. At somepoint I would love to try metal tracks but they always seem expensive....

• Like 1

Looking good Rob..............I enjoyed the build on this, as any Tamiya.........and looking forward to your camo' stage.......need to get back on mine fr a break from the Panther....

Cheers

Simon.

38 minutes ago, Jackster said:

Very nice build Rob, makes me want to go out and buy one lol

Cheers

Kev

You should look.up redcoats build. Takes it to the next level....

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Vaastav said:

Looking good.

thank you - I have not done anything on this since the last post.... have a biuy 6 week so so but may dust off the model...

• 2 months later...

coronavirus lockdown shelf queen project... dusted this off (literally) - aiming to complete the build but cannot paint as desk is being used as home office

• Like 1