1/35 RFM Tiger I Early Production

Great looking Tunisian Tiger. :thumbsup2:

If I were to crit anything, it would be the modulation on the turret roof.  Too overpowering, such that it begins to change the structure, making the flat surface appear curved. 

regards,

Jack

Superb work with a beautiful desert yellow and first class chipping - although I do agree that the modulation on the turret gives the roof plates a curved appearance - but that can be corrected without too much bother.

It does look to be a very nice kit - I especially like the extra details over the Tamiya version, such as the 'lids' on the turret-mounted smoke grenade canisters and the mounting points for the side skirts.

I wouldn't worry about the slightly askew turret numbers - I bet many were put on wonky in real life.

Rearguards,

Badder 

17 hours ago, Badder said:

Superb work with a beautiful desert yellow and first class chipping - although I do agree that the modulation on the turret gives the roof plates a curved appearance - but that can be corrected without too much bother.

It does look to be a very nice kit - I especially like the extra details over the Tamiya version, such as the 'lids' on the turret-mounted smoke grenade canisters and the mounting points for the side skirts.

I wouldn't worry about the slightly askew turret numbers - I bet many were put on wonky in real life.

Rearguards,

Badder 

Thank you for your comments. Regarding to the roof issue, I think a couple of  slight  straight streaks starting from the border of the slop towards the front will give viewers a hint of a flat surface.  So that, the distribution of color variation can be kept.

• Like 1

That really is an awesome looking Tiger 1. Your paintwork and weathering are top-notch!! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Great Tiger!   I think the weathering is first-class.  Can you please share some info about your chipping technique?  It looks very realistic and I would love to try that effect on my own upcoming Tiger build.  Thanks and again, fantastic tank model!  :worthy:

On 5/16/2019 at 1:41 PM, Gary Brantley said:

Great Tiger!   I think the weathering is first-class.  Can you please share some info about your chipping technique?  It looks very realistic and I would love to try that effect on my own upcoming Tiger build.  Thanks and again, fantastic tank model!  :worthy:

Thank you for your nice comments. For the chipping, I use a HB pencil and a couple of water color pencils in brown color, one lighter and one darker, to do the job. All pencils need to be sharpened to get a very fine tip. Then, I start with the HB one to define the chipping shapes and patterns in a specific area, try your best not to drag the tip on the surface (unless you want to represent scratches on the surface), instead, gently touch the surface with the tip to mark tiny dots on the surface, achieve whatever shapes and patterns you want by accumulating enough of dots. After the shapes and patterns being defined, I’ll use the lighter brown pencil to dot on top of some randomly chosen HB doted areas, to mimic freshly rusted chip, and use the darker brown one to mimic aged rusted areas. patience is the key for success. Good luck on your upcoming Tiger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate

I like your Tiger so much, even some mates get disturb of the colour modulation, i find it looks superb, i will tell you why. Because you bring three dimensionality and plasticity into your model, your model is living, it looks so interesting, the best Tiger i ever seen here. Only the bit slanty and brandnew iron cross bother me a bit.

May i ask you which colours did you used?

Edited by Harry Callahan

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...