F-15C MSIP II Academy 1/72

F-15C MSIP II Academy 1/72

My first f-15 build. First time using etched parts (Eduard zoom set for interior). Small corrections. Vallejo acrylics.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png\

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 27

WOW!

I love that....really....I love that

Great stuff

Did you find the gear for the nose wheel a bit soft and did you have to correct it to stop the bird limping at the front end?

Outstanding all around especially with the complex exhaust section which was expertly done.  Congratulations on the excellent results!!!!!

Thanx everyone!

@Winenut

Did you find the gear for the nose wheel a bit soft and did you have to correct it to stop the bird limping at the front end?

Yes, front gear section is a bit soft. However even though nose and front section is filled with additional weight (lead), other then adding some hydraulic pipes no other changes were made to this section.

Stunning Eagle.

As already mentioned by others, beautiful work especially finish of exhausts and on lot of small details.

I really like colors and moderate weathering.  Again, beautiful build.

Best regards Djordje

I love what you did with that clean mod eagle scheme!

Just finished this kit myself, I must say I didn't like the journey building it. How did you deal with the Academy decals? I only used a few of those and I just couldn't manage to apply them in a satisfying manner.

4 hours ago, gota said:

I love what you did with that clean mod eagle scheme!

Just finished this kit myself, I must say I didn't like the journey building it. How did you deal with the Academy decals? I only used a few of those and I just couldn't manage to apply them in a satisfying manner.

This is box 12531 with Cartograf decals so they are generally pretty good. I remember one with wrong dimensions and few required much softener to be able to work with them. Otherwise, they were ok. When it comes to kit, I wont be coming back to it. Too much time was lost in non-creative part of this hobby. :)

48 minutes ago, blaza said:

This is box 12531 with Cartograf decals so they are generally pretty good. I remember one with wrong dimensions and few required much softener to be able to work with them. Otherwise, they were ok. When it comes to kit, I wont be coming back to it. Too much time was lost in non-creative part of this hobby. :)

Haha I see, mine was box 12506 with Academy decals. Not the first time I failed at using Academy's sheets, so I hoped you had some kind of secret recipe :)