Hello from New Hampshire, USA

Coventrycat

I came across Britmodeller after getting a kit to replace one from my youth, a Pocher Alfa Monza - and then picked up an Alfa Spider, Mercedes K74, and K91 because I became smitten all over again after opening the box. I’m also not relying on my paper route money to purchase kits anymore either, so I indulged a bit.  I like virtually everything, from balsa wood aircraft to autos in all scales, and have a real soft spot for 70’s Entex kits. Seeing the old box art still gives me the feeling of first seeing them at 13. And most of the time, my wife would agree that I am, in fact, still that 13 year old. But I digress.

Currently I have an Entex Packard Formal Sedan in the queue, and a small pile of kits - cars, ships, and planes - that hopefully will find their way to completion. That said, I’m truly enjoying reading, seeing, and learning from the vast amount of knowledge and talent that graces this site. There have been plenty of “ah hah!” and “why didn’t I think of that?” moments when reading about someones’s build. This is a fun place to be- thanks for that!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 2:24 PM, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Hello and welcome from Moscow, @Coventrycat!

:welcome:

Like we’re all here! 😊

Thanks, Nikolay!

On 5/4/2019 at 12:38 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello CC... :post1: from Chicago. Mostly Aviation and Armor here. Will keep a lookout for your work though. 

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis!

• Like 2

Greetings from Western Canada. New Hampshire is close to my place of birth: Nova Scotia. Well, it's closer to you than where I am now.

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks, guys!

Gorby, I’ve had a love of British cars since I was a kid, and the last 1:1 scale I had was a 1971 Jaguar XJ6 so you can see the connection. In 1996 I visited Coventry and stopped at the Browns Lane works, saw where the old Triumph buildings used to stand, but luckily was able to go inside and get some pics of the Standard Triumph Social Club. The last time I visited the UK was 2005 but had to go to Birmingham for a factory tour. I love England; wish I could get away more often!

Mike