ICM's AFS Ambulance updated photos added

ICM's Ford Model T AFS ambulance with a Resicast Ford driver.  German 77mm is a Shapeways casting designed by a friend in Illinois.  Ambulance is built OOB with only addition is the white field and cross added to the front.  Kit was a pleasure to build, no flash, parts all fit perfectly.  Used Tamiya and Vallejo paints.  Tree stumps donated from my back yard.  Don't tell Mrs. D. I borrowed her coffee grinder to make the ground cover.....  

TvHPQEQ.jpg

WTG3Fa9.jpg

IxpGoNo.jpg

bFMGipp.jpg

Edited by cduckworth
added image fixed title
  • Like 26

Thanks for the kind comments, unfortunately after looking at a few period photos on the internet I'm now convinced that the roof over the carboy was a light sheet metal and that over the driver was canvas.  I'm going to pop the spare tires off and lightly sand the roof and respray it the blue gray to match the carboy.  ICM does have a shallow seam there but who ever did their decal artwork was mistaken on how the roof was finished but the boxtops painting was correct.    NlhmBTi.jpg

Edited by cduckworth
added image
  • Like 1

I popped the spare tires off the roof and repainted the section to denote it being metal.  Also purchased a product called 'Realistic Water' and went over the road and tires to show more of a Western Front theme.  Hope you enjoy the corrections.

L4Zl1VU.jpg

ydiW0BY.jpg

2c7DlVR.jpg

9zn1gxj.jpg

7efgaat.jpg

Edited by cduckworth
Grammar fixed