Farman Moustique, scratchbuild 1/72

Moa,

Excellent result !

Very nice those lines on the wings and neat wiring. 

B.t.w. the nice photograph's in flight, how did you manage that, using a glass pane ? 

Greeting,

JohnHaa  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JohnHaa said:

how did you manage that, using a glass pane ? 

Yes, a bit of a circus act: have to avoid reflections, hold the pane from an edge in one hand and the camera on the other, avoid inclining the glass pane so the model won't slide off, be aware of the wind, explain to the neighbors what you are doing, explain the police what you are doing, explain the judge what you were doing, explain your mates at the mental institution what you were doing, etc.  Not for the faint of heart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Simply beautiful Moa - love it.

Maurice Farman was an interesting character and if you Google Farman Aircraft there is enough material to fill an entire modelling lifetime!

Cheers

Malcolm

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Simply beautiful Moa - love it.

Maurice Farman was an interesting character and if you Google Farman Aircraft there is enough material to fill an entire modelling lifetime!

Cheers

Malcolm

Indeed it is, Malcolm.

I have done many but there are so many more to go! I keep my many Farman folders warm and cozy.

Cheers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theskits62 said:

you should be getting back to the HP42, we're waiting with baited breath ??

In retrospect, I think these worrying cases of thread anxiety should be mitigated to preserve the health of some fellow BMers, therefore I may have to finish another build to allow the HP42 thread readers a space to breathe and compose themselves. It has been reported to me that some cases of catatonia, speaking in tongues, and even warm beer drinking have developed. So sad.

Therefore, a healthy break:

33889947078_a4e81d938b_b.jpg

After all, it's only 54 pieces of rigging, 8 more struts, door, prop and some other details to go. Surely you can manage that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi Moa,

outstandingly microscopic build! What other hobby would you be hooked onto, had the French never built an aeroplane? I feel rather proud reading your threads!

This is a glorious build! Congratulations.

So, are they treating you well in that special institution where everybody is so nice and where you are fed variegated pills? I do hope so, although building a model with a jacket that buttons from behind must be tricky.

Great show!

JR

• Thanks 1

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:40, Moa said:

Yes, a bit of a circus act: have to avoid reflections, hold the pane from an edge in one hand and the camera on the other, avoid inclining the glass pane so the model won't slide off, be aware of the wind, explain to the neighbors what you are doing, explain the police what you are doing, explain the judge what you were doing, explain your mates at the mental institution what you were doing, etc.  Not for the faint of heart.

Pffftt!! Non-modellers! What do they know? They wouldn't and never will understand.

We all get it. We know!

Chris

• Haha 1

The aerial phots look so realistic that I could be deceived into thinking that they were of the real aircraft. Come to that the ground photos are not bad either - only the figures give the game away. The rib tapes on the wings are super, as is the rest of the model. BTW I am content to be patient and wait further progress on the HP 42!

P

• Thanks 1