Focke-Wulf Triebflügel (Amusing Hobby) 1:48

22 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I am given to understand that this is not an issue when the energy is applied at the rotor tips.

Fairey Rotodyne and Ultralight for example.

As for the genius thing, oh, is that the time?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Fairey Rotodyne and Ultralight for example.

As for the genius thing, oh, is that the time?

Quite so. As for the genius thing, may I point out that it was Mike that said it, not me. As an obedient BM member I was duty bound to agree with him.  

Not Blowing His Own Trumpet of Mars 👽

(Although, probably uniquely amongst BM members, I am quite capable of actually physically doing so.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Not Blowing His Own Trumpet of Mars 👽

(Although, probably uniquely amongst BM members, I am quite capable of actually physically doing so.)

There isn't a :puke: Reaction, so I'll just do it manually :puke:

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Me in "doing a bit of modelling" shocker! :shocked:

I buckled and sprayed a bit of RLM76 on the Treibflugel(horn) today.  Just the base coat with a little modulation (which doesn't show up well) from the black primer showing through.  I'll check & square it up next session and then add a thin layer of a lightened shade over the top, then think of the "top" colours to lay over it.  Not sure how I'm going to mask it yet, but I'm sure it'll come to me ^_^

spacer.png

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Mike said:

<_< That's fightin' talk where I come from.  Good job we moved :tease:

Well !!

Decision made about the colors ?? 

A captured Triebflugel at Boscombe Down at last ??

Holzkopf CC :rofl2:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Decision made about the colors ?? 

Sort of... It's in flux though, so anything could happen. :shrug: Could be another 6 months before the next update though, so who knows? :frantic:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Britnodeller

Am I in the wrong place again? :doh:

I did a bit more painting tonight, so you don't have to wait 6 months :yes:

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Norman said:

This could get ugly very quickly Mike for god sake get the paint on NOW

Putting some RLM02 on the insides of the gear covers as I type this... stop distracting me! :tease:

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Norman said:

Brexit is quicker than you Mike.....!!!

Wash your mouth out! <_<

We'll have none of that P-word nonsense in here :tease:

25 minutes ago, Norman said:

Were playing for time....and its RUNNING OUT !!!!

I'm hoping I won't lose my faculties before this model is finished, although I'm painfully aware of my own mortality (how did I get this deep on a Thursday morning?). :innocent:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Wash your mouth out! <_<

I'm hoping I won't lose my faculties before this model is finished, although I'm painfully aware of my own mortality (how did I get this deep on a Thursday morning?). :innocent:

Easy Mike easy !!

Britnoodler... Or Britmodeloonies !! It's that simple !!

I love that place !! Thank for creating it !!

CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Wash your mouth out! <_<

Many would argue that they went out the window the day you created Britmodeller/Britnodeller but as CC quite rightly says, we are glad you did.

Grateful of Mars 👽

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

There's probably a lot to be said for losing your faculties sometimes.  My memory's gone, and my body is slowly falling to bits, but otherwise I'm in fine shape! 🧟‍♂️

Appreciate the sentiments though :yes:

Been to the dentist for a bit of light masonry work, and now back wondering what day it is.  I don't know why, but I always come back exhausted whenever I have work done. :hmmm:

• Like 3

I dont want to sound unsympathetic but.....Dentist schmentist !!!  did you do any spraying of paint on the beastie ?

Us Britten noodellers need to know these details

• Haha 1

I'm currently drowning in dust from this little side-projects I opened up yesterday - a Messerschmitt P.1103b, which you can see here.   Never fear though, I'm still plodding on with this, painting the interiors of the gear bay "pistachio shells" and the gear legs.  Nothing worth photographing yet, although I might do an ensemble pic once I've finished the detail painting of the gear and bays.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As the side project is moving along, so too is the Trieb.  Or should I call it 'Flugel? :shrug:

Not as fast as the other one, but movement is movement :)  I've sprayed the nose cone silver with a view to doing a bit of weathering back of the paint to bare metal, as I figured it would have a metal nose cone at least.  I'm going to paint the nose cone and spinner cylinder yellow in my own bastardised mash-up of one of the supplied schemes, in much the same manner as the Me.1103b has just been done.  I decided not to use the RLM81/82 combo I used for the 'scmitt, and have yet to decide on one, as a lot of them have the base of RLM02, which I can't see working really.  I'm going to have to delve into some late war schemes to remember what's a typical pairing of shades, as my memory's shot to bits :mental:

Thinking about it, I might also spray the intake lips on the engines yellow too.  Can I be bothered masking?  Probably :)

It is way more fun to talk about your Trieb moving along than to talk about your Flügel!

The German word "Trieb" has several meanings. The gardener uses it (shoot / sprout), the watchmaker / mechanic uses it (pinion), and the rest of the people use it when referring to your personal drive / urge / desire and especially your sex drive. A "Täter" is a person committing a crime - and a "Triebtäter" is a sexual offender / sex maniac.

(Sorry for supplying more information than anybody would have ever asked for, I just could not resist)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't tell anyone, but I put some RLM82 on the top surfaces of this tonight.  Just the base coat with a wavy demarcation line 'twixt top and bottom so far.  I'll have to do the modulation in another session though, and I've not even had time to take any pics yet.  Just in case anyone was still watching ;)

Incidentally, also as well, and another thing, she's going to have a yellow nose and spinner barrel, with RLM82/81 on top and some mish-mash of kit decals... probably.  Who knows? :shrug:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mike said:

Incidentally, also as well, and another thing, she's going to have a yellow nose and spinner barrel, with RLM82/81 on top and some mish-mash of kit decals... probably.  Who knows? :shrug:

I never know anything! 😕

Muddled of Mars 👽

• Haha 1