Focke-Wulf Triebflügel (Amusing Hobby) 1:48

6 hours ago, Mike said:

...as in the patients taking over the asylum? I can see that :mental:

Would that be the asylum that you conceived, built and populated Mike?

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2019 at 10:07 PM, Mike said:

Which reminds me of that old AA advert where the kid had buried his parents' car on the beach.  Makes me feel old :nerd:

Hello Mike

AA advert, I must see it !!

As I'm working for AA that can be really instructive!!

Maybe @perdu can help on this one !!

So, I wait to see the resulting paint job !!

But still a captured one will be an eye catcher !!

CC

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Thanks Pete, you will not be surprised to learn that I have this kit as well, the link looks very useful.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

On 19/07/2019 at 14:13, Tim T said:

Any update on this one Boss?

Not yet, as I've been kinda busy.  I'll try & get something done on the subject shortly though, as I'm keen to get it off the desk before it gets damaged :)

Bit late to the party as I found this through your signature (see, they do important work!) but this is such a cool build. Clean and tidy and weird.

You could leave it black and say it's the Red Skull's escape vehicle from the Captain America movie :)

Will

• Haha 2

On 7/20/2019 at 4:40 PM, limeypilot said:

Here you go CC!

Ian

Thanks Ian,

Amazingly enough, I've not been called upon for such a problem.. Must say not yet !!

CC

• Haha 1

Hi everybody,

I am new to the forum and picked up on this thread as I was unsure about the "extra" parts for the RAM jets. Thanks for confirming that they are indeed not needed😉

Maybe it's a bit late for the paint scheme discussion. But I admit that I don't like any of them.

1. reason: the Balkenkreuze on the rotors make no sense at all. As soon as this thing is airborne they are going to rotate so fast you don't see them anymore (same goes for the camouflage) ...

2. reason: the camouflage schemes included are for "regular" plane, not one that is vertically parked (so to speak). Brown/green Commo on the wings and the back of the plane works if you look from above. When the Triebflügel stands on the ground the paint scheme should run around the whole body to hide it (I would think)?

In the end, I decided for my version to orient it a bit on the early post war jets of the 50s: no cammo, alu/silver body... After all. it is Luft 46, isn't it 😜

Looking forward to interesting discussions here

2Step

Edited by 2Step
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I admit, I've been a bit remiss with this one.  In fact I haven't had chance to do any modelling since my last post on this thread.  I wasn't happy with the join between the canopy and the fuselage, especially around the windscreen.  I also saw another modeller's finished kit with the windscreen unadjusted, and that convinced me I needed to do something about it.  Here's what it looked like before I set about it:

nose1.jpg

I masked up the canopy with Tamiya tape, and then attacked it with layers of CA applied using the tip of an old #11 blade, using accelerator to speed things up.  I also cut a curved mask for the front section of the screen as there's a big chunk of contact surface visible otherwise and the screen just fades away with a small frame at the very front.  After the curved mask had been added, I flooded the area with CA and filed it back flat whilst working on the other frames to streamline them.  This is the first pic after a squirt of primer to see whether I need to do any more to it, and I'm quite pleased so far.  There's a bit of work to do, but the windscreen now blends into the fuselage at the panel line where the nose cone starts.  A little bit more titivation and more testing should see it ready.

spacer.png

Once this is finished I'm running out of excuses not to paint it :shocked:

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Once this is finished I'm running out of excuses not to paint it :shocked:

Quite. Hurry up lest I start my twin build with all the mayhem and chaos that will ensue. :frantic:

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

No rush, I'm sure we can all find something else to do while we wait

NO WE CAN'T! Evil child!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Quite. Hurry up lest I start my twin build with all the mayhem and chaos that will ensue. :frantic:

I'm thinking about doing one of the kit schemes just for expediency's sake.  I peeled back the masking on the windscreen earlier to see if my new curved frame idea had worked, and happily it had.  Looks OK :yes:

• Like 3

I saw 3 of these Triebflugel models at the Avon show.

They look great when completed, and well worth the work that's being put in here.

Looking forward to the finished article!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

lest I start my twin build

OK, a follow-on from Pete's question.  If it's a Zwilling, which bit spins? :hmmm:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mike said:

OK, a follow-on from Pete's question.  If it's a Zwilling, which bit spins? :hmmm:

Knowing our Great Admiral of the galactic fleet... ???

Everything will spin madly... :evil_laugh:

And we gonna help him to do so !! :cheers:

great job on the joint Mike !!

sincerely.

CC 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Twin build? Is it a Zwilling? If you join three together they're less likely to fall over on the ground.

No I have this kit and the Mini-Art 1/35 job, one of which will be a diorama and we all know the mayhem that ensued last time I did one of them!

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Everything will spin madly... :evil_laugh:

And we gonna help him to do so !! :cheers:

great job on the joint Mike !!

sincerely.

CC 

Now look what you have done Mike, you have set CC off and there's me having just got him settled quietly into the naughty corner again!

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Logically one would stack one airframe on top of the other, Simples.

Martian von Having to Think of Everything 👽

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Logically one would stack one airframe on top of the other, Simples.

Oh, I like that one! ^_^ The rear cockpit could have been the radar operator or summit.  They could also have put the rear blades on backwards to counter the torque.  See you're a genius! :clown:

13 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Yes, yes I do.   It's a burden we must all share if we're to get through this :unsure:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Mike said:

See you're a genius! :clown: 

I know, I've been telling you that since I joined BM. Still, better late than never. As to counter acting torque,  I am given to understand that this is not an issue when the energy is applied at the rotor tips.

Brainbox of Mars 👽