1/32 WW1 pilots, incl Lanoe Hawker VC waiting for their WingnutWings planes

I've painted these 1/32 scale figures to go with some WWings planes I'm making.  I used Vallejo for the uniform and oils for the faces/hands.  Hopefully I will have a diorama prepared with a WWing plane and figure setting.

46973429214_ac5b84e01c_b.jpgLanoe Hawker VC by Colin Dempsey, on Flickr
32819079817_8128553b83_b.jpgLanoe Hawker and fellow pilot by Colin Dempsey, on Flickr

32819080067_46e8ceeb4f_b.jpgLanoe Hawker and friends by Colin Dempsey, on Flickr

32819080897_ace69f19de_b.jpgLanoe Hawker and friends 1 by Colin Dempsey, on Flickr

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Howlindawg. Sorry no WIP. However they're not difficult. The faces are painted with  4 oil paints (Titanium white/Burnt Sienna/Yellow Ochre/Red). If you  ix the first 3 with varying amounts you get a good flesh colour with shadows and highlights to blend. Red is added to give a hint of lip/cheek colour. The uniforms using acrylics with a base colour, then add a darker and lighter tone to get the shadows and highlights.  The matt/satin look acheived with varnishes.  Its accuracy and practice!!  Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi Vince1159

Sounds like a great idea, but the pilots have been dispersed to their aircraft. See below.  I'm working on Max Immelmanns EindeckerII at the moment.

Military Military

Edited by Clogged
Problem sorted
  • Like 4

• 11 months later...