re-starting!

Worms

Afternoon all,

Worms here, back in the glue fumed space that is plastic model making. Having had a break from about 16, then a brief flutter with one of the boys then, back at it now for some reason in my late 50s. Some balsa models have passed my way in between but i liked the look of some of the new kits and decided to have a bash at some of the aircraft that flew from the local airfields during WWII... Airfields of Herefordshire and Worcestershire so, with Defford involved there won't be a lot I won't be attempting!

Planned models are Airfix Wimpey from Pershore, Airfix Whitley from Honeybourne, Revel Halifax Mk II (V9977) H2S experimental trials from Defford, Novo Miles Master MkII and General Aircraft Hotspur from Shobdon....that kind of thing!

I've tried a few new things so far, airbrushing (quite fun), setting and softening solutions for transfers (works well on the upper wing transfers of an old Airfix Stirling!), gluing models to myself (superglue)...yet to try "Klear" yet...whatever it is!

See you later!

• Like 2

:welcome: aboard - you've joined us just after the recent server move and software upgrade, so you've missed out on all the fun! :lol:  Enjoy the forums ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome (back) to modelling, Worms 😊 it seems like there are more than a handful of us who’ve left the hobby for a number of decades and then, in our dotage 😜, returned to be further tortured by this or that tiny piece that just flies away never to be found again. Enjoy this place; it has been a Godsend for me! 

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by McNab

• 4 weeks later...