100th Airfix Workbench - What Announcement can we expect?

How about a 1/72 Sea Vixen, Sea Fury or Javalin based on their 1/48th kits?  I wouldn't mind a Scimitar or Firebrand as well - in Man Scale (72nd) or Wimp Scale (48th)!  Not to mention a new tool Vulcan in 1/72nd!  I don't hold my breath for any of them but it would be nice.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NAVY870 said:

I think you missed a word there.

"Sea" or ordinary, I'm not all that fussed. If we can get Mr Airfix to do a single hole Vampire (he's already half-way there with the T.11), 'tis but a small step (well, maybe not that small ...) to a single-hole Venom. Having gone that far, he might as well go the whole hog!

How would an box of an 1/72 Scimitar look like? It must be a lot of striking picture's out there of this aircraft (remember Airfix old N.A. 39 box)...

Cheers / André

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andre B said:

How would an box of an 1/72 Scimitar look like? It must be a lot of striking picture's out there of this aircraft (remember Airfix old N.A. 39 box)...

Cheers / André

In my considered opinion it would look excellent.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am sure that Airfix's 100th Workbench is going to prove a tad disappointing to those who had got it into their heads that this magical number was somehow linked to announcement of new kit releases!!:whistle:

Allan

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:05 PM, stevehnz said:

1/72 Scimitar, no collection is complete without one, they'd fairly fly off the shelves. I'd be up for at least 1 or 2. ;) :D

Steve.

Would they? With all due respect,  I am far from convinced that "no collection would be complete without one" is a condition that the Airfix bean counters would accept as grounds for producing a kit!!:whistle:😀. On a more serious note though, I seem to recall a story featured here (and elsewhere) about the Airfix rep at Telford who was actually approached and asked about such a kit. His response was apparently an outburst of laughter! It may of course be one of those apocryphal stories!!. Certainly no harm in hoping!:lol:. Airfix gave us a Swift, another relatively obscure Supermarine product with a less than stellar career. Who knows? They have a habit of springing surprises!

Allan

ps - I'm still waiting for my Airfix Blenheim V and, Avro Manchester  without which my collection of WWII RAF bombers would certainly not be complete!:lol: . Not holding my breath though!

• Like 1

To be honest, I think Airfix were entitled to blow their 1/24 Hellcat trumpet in the 100th newsletter. I found it an interesting read, and clearly a lot of time, money and effort has gone into producing what looks to be an amazing kit. Once I've got the requisite shekels, I'll be bagging one for sure. I just wonder sometimes if us modellers are ever happy.

Stev

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

I just wonder sometimes if us modellers are ever happy.

Modellers, happy, these are two words that can never be used in the same sentence. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cngaero said:

Modellers, happy, these are two words that can never be used in the same sentence. 

Doh! How silly of me! 🤣

Steve

• Like 1

@Albeback52 Sorry Allan, that was not meant to be a serious proposal, hence the wink & laugh emoticons, rather it was an attempt, obviously not very good from the results it got, at a parody of the sort of response these threads seem to get where a lot of effort goes into justifying what "I" want is a sure fire winner for Airfix. I'll get my :coat: & shuffle off. :) Mind you, if they ever did, once I climbed off the floor, I would have a couple like a shot.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:22 AM, Uncle Dick said:

Blimey how many Airfix suggestion topics do we continue to have!

You've not been around these parts long have you.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

@Albeback52 Sorry Allan, that was not meant to be a serious proposal, hence the wink & laugh emoticons, rather it was an attempt, obviously not very good from the results it got, at a parody of the sort of response these threads seem to get where a lot of effort goes into justifying what "I" want is a sure fire winner for Airfix. I'll get my :coat: & shuffle off. :) Mind you, if they ever did, once I climbed off the floor, I would have a couple like a shot.

Steve.

No worries Steve! I got it!! :lol: No apology needed! Accepted it in the spirit in which it was intended!. My response was intended to be every bit as tongue in cheek. Apologies to you if you felt I was having a dig. For what it's worth, I'd probably buy a Scimitar if offered! 

Allan

• Like 1