100th Airfix Workbench - What Announcement can we expect?

Its the 100th Airfix Workbench approching, the last one was no 98 and the 100th is due on the 24th May

Airfix announced the Wellington as a new tool on the 50th issue, so there is a good chance a new tool announcement will happen

So what could we expect as a suitable choice, for such a prestigious event?

I will kick the ball off with:

1/72 Mosquito

1/48 Sea King

1/48 Lancaster

1/48 Harrier

1/72 Vulcan

(please keep this to product suggestions, not about quality, panel lines, or Airfix/Hornby business :yawn:)

Rich

No offence but,why should we expect anything?. What I expect is that there will now be a buzz, nay a frenzy of fevered and baseless speculation followed by howls of outrage and disappointment  that no "big announcement" was made on the date even though there was never going to be any such announcement !:whistle:🤣

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 13

As I am currently working on Kitty Hawk's Jaguar which would be a clear indication that a better kit of this aircraft in 1/48 is on the horizon.  At some point I think they will need to produce a 1/48 F-35B as they will be in UK service for many years to come.  The fact that others make this same kit should not deter them as they have their own robust distributIon network.  They are also due for a re-pop of the TSR-2 (which is in my stash waiting).  

• Thanks 1

1/72 prentice anyone (as a I saw the skybirds 86 kit go for £120!!!! the other week..) but more likely a Mossie or Lysander (though now Dora are doing one...?) they do have a relationship with ARCO.... or a Battle maybe... 

Assuming that there is an announcement (as others have said, by no means a certainty), would it be too much to ask for a one-hole Vampire or even, dare I say it, a Venom?

1 hour ago, Admiral Puff said:

..... would it be too much to ask for a one-hole Vampire or even, dare I say it, a Venom?

Probably. You could also add a Beaufort in either of the two popular scales, however I doubt these are even on the far sighted radar at Planet Hornby. I’m afraid I’m in the camp of ‘no announcement’ for the 100th edition of workbench however they may have a bunch of new boxart to show. 

One can hope, but don’t raise your hopes too high. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Hi

1:48 beaufort ? 

1:48 hudson  ?  

1:72 halifax ? 

or an unlikely 1:24 whirlwind fighter 

cheers 

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

Blimey how many Airfix suggestion topics do we continue to have!

I think we should have the Mods open a permanent Airfix Suggestions Thread and notify AIRFIX at the same time 💋❤️💘

1/72 Westland Wasp is my number 1 choice 💋💋💋

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Harold55 said:

As I am currently working on Kitty Hawk's Jaguar which would be a clear indication that a better kit of this aircraft in 1/48 is on the horizon.  At some point I think they will need to produce a 1/48 F-35B as they will be in UK service for many years to come.  The fact that others make this same kit should not deter them as they have their own robust distributIon network.  They are also due for a re-pop of the TSR-2 (which is in my stash waiting).  

If, at some point a re-pop of the TSR 2 was considered, I'd suggest perhaps a complete retool of the 1/72 kit in order to produce the TSR 2 AFTP (Actually Fits Together Properly) version?:whistle:

1 hour ago, Uncle Dick said:

Blimey how many Airfix suggestion topics do we continue to have!

I think we should have the Mods open a permanent Airfix Suggestions Thread and notify AIRFIX at the same time 💋❤️💘

1/72 Westland Wasp is my number 1 choice 💋💋💋

This is not so much a suggestions topic as a baseless and unfounded pure speculation topic!!:whistle: 

Allan

Allan

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

They are obviously retooling their 1/72 C-130 Hercules! :D

Hopefully with a new tool Bloodhound to go with it.