Friends,

Here is the Hasegawa Macchi Mc.202 Folgore.  I cannot remember exactly when I built this kit, but it`s been more than a few years ago.  The highlights of this kit are as follows..............

1. Mike Grant Decals for the iconic “spinach / smoke rings” found on the Folgore.

2. Tamiya painted tape for the seat belts.

3. Painted white fuselage band and tail cross insignia

4. Polly Scale paint : Italian Hazel Tan and Italian Lower surface gray ( WWII )

5. Used kit supplied squadron insignia and national markings on the wings.

6. Weathered with chalk pastels. Chipping with silver paint

7. Pencils used to highlight panel lines and movable surfaces.

I enjoyed putting this kit together.  I had no issues at all and it was simple with all of the parts fitting together nicely.  The “Rings” from Mike Grant Decals made this possible as I would still be carrying the migraine headache from trying to accurately replicate them in 72nd scale.  I would recommend this kit for all ages and skill levels.  I hope you enjoy the results.

Thank you in advance!!!!!!

Respectfully submitted,

Mike

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 18

Very well done, especially for the scale. I've been accumulating a few C.202 both from Tamiya/Italeri and Hasegawa. I plan to do them at the same time. I also bought Mike's decals for the purpose. I hope mine will turn out as good as your example. 

Nanond

The smoke rings as decals really look the part.

When I did my Macchi 205, I used an LF Vinyl mask to spray the rings - but wouldn't say I achieved a better effect.

A nice Folgore, Mike!

Nice looking Folgore, Mike!  What did you use for your clear glosscoat?  On my recently completed Veltro, I used Future but still had some of Mike Grant's smoke rings silver.  I'm not sure what the cause was, but have just finished painting the 48th scale Hasegawa Folgore and am contemplating how best to avoid the problem again, since I have another set of his smoke ring decals for it.

Cheers,

Mark

To all............THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!   I am humbled by your kind words especially given the level of talent that routinely posts their respective works of art here.

Mike