B-25J Strafer, 1/32 Hong Kong Models

Hello Everyone!

My name is Paul, I'm from Poland and this is my first Topic on Britmodeller!

About two months ago I've started tu build the 1/32 scale B-25J Strafer from Hong Kong Models.

In this project I will use:

1. Eduard photoetched parts for the cockpit and the nose gun bay.

2. Profimodeller sets for the rear, waist and top gunners positions, bomb bay and counterwieght,

3. HGW seatbelts,

4. Yahu model photo etched instrument panel,

5. Master Browning 0,5 cal gun barrels.

First I've decided to bring more life to the fuselage interior because the kit parts were a bit poor on this ground....

3ca91946c76b18bd.jpg

For this I used Plastruct square and  rectangle profiles...

0b33febf75c1fa0a.jpg

bbe728227b2afaf2.jpg

844d33222ac24863.jpg

The round part is the escape hatch. Next the base colour was airbrushed - Gunze H303:

aa1950f74127686e.jpg

5c847125af2ca69b.jpg

c5ef933edaf5555b.jpg

I've used Ammo MIG Oilbrushers to ad some dirt to the lower partes of the fuselage and silver pencil to create scrtaches and chips.

In the end a little  comparison of what I've made so far...

6eaa5ae3cc6d50be.jpg

Work's moving one, see You soon!! ;)

Edited by Pablito
  • Like 35

witamy na Forum z Chicago, czy mogę śledzić twoją budowę? Jestem fanem straferów B-25.

Im hoping that translated as Welcome to the Forum from Chicago may i follow your build ? I am a fan of B-25 strafers.  

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

witamy na Forum z Chicago, czy mogę śledzić twoją budowę? Jestem fanem straferów B-25.

Im hoping that translated as Welcome to the Forum from Chicago may i follow your build ? I am a fan of B-25 strafers.  

Dennis

Everything clear! ;) Sure You can! I'm also a big fan of the great Mitchell and other strafer aircraft!

Here are some more photos of the interior, first cockpit with eduard photoetched parts on the floor:

075056de179b8c82.jpg

tail gun station:

66d33d71d813b860.jpg

8564ee5c3e948763.jpg

982d2345a1ca3e75.jpg

I've added some scratch work on the gun controls ;)

• Like 15

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, it's time to add something new ;)

The rear gun station is almost finished (except the gunsight ) and tahat how it looks like:

16af7e7d38ebb15f.jpg

3d9b480977d16032.jpg

e384aa7db9143b37.jpg

37ef9436e9aad76f.jpg

Next step was the cockpit. First I've airbrushed polished aluminium on the floor, the second step was a layer of heavy chipping effects. After this the base colour was added. After it was dry I've got it wet wit water and chipping could began. 

To protect my work before weathering I've put two layers of gloss varnish. Weathering has started with black and streaking grime oils, than aluminium and sepia wathercolour pencils were used to add some more scratches and dirt. After completing this part flat varnish was airbrushed. The last step that I've made was the accumulation of dirt and dust made from europe dust pigment. Here You can see the effect:

028276448164d29d.jpg

a3a8fffe4843f2a8.jpg

f7124f07a99cacf5.jpg

66e5d54f9232a884.jpg

As i have mentioned in the beginnig of this article, I used Yahu models instrument panel. This product fits great to this model and has fantastic details. To give some more reality I've used crystal glass fluid to make glass effect over instruments.

That's all for today, see You next time :)

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Dansk said:

Amazing work Paul! Very inspiring. Do you mind me asking what silver pencil do you use? Is it like a regular lead pencil or? Its really effective on the paint chips.

Hello Dansk, thank You a lot for a good word! ;)

Recently I bought a lot of AK Interactive weathering pencils and so I'm using them wherever I can :D

Edited by Pablito
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Work is slowly going forward - I'm starting to build the bomb bay. As I've mentioned in the beggining  I'm using Profimodeller's photo etched  parts. 

50f04cafd5a7e43c.jpg

1c68f2fecf2bbcf8.jpg

The undercarriage struts are also painted. The base colour is AK Interactive Extreme Metal Aluminium. The pistons of the shock absorber is made from self adhesive aluminium foil.

0bd7371518660add.jpg

76d13b921f9ae525.jpg

See You next time!

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Time to make some update ;)

I decided to start with the build of the nose gun bay, home of the 0.5cal browning machine guns :D I used Eduard photo etched set.

e52e0f2a0946cfb1.jpg

48a01b5cf5421dc7.jpg

8f94a97574adb8f5.jpg

d4eb58d35374cd97.jpg

1fdd408ef27971d0.jpg

Everything fits great! Ammo belts and boxes will  be also made from Eduards set.

• Like 10

Very tidy work with the brass, and excellent scratch building in the fuselage. Landing gear looks the business as well!

I have a 1/48 B-25 strafer on the “Shelf of Doom” that I’ve been meaning to get to... Just not enough time in the day!

• Like 1