Frog/Novo Miles Master Mk III

AdrianMF

Hello All,

I might as well get my cards on the table and declare an interest in building the Novo repop of the Frog Miles Master Mk III. Here’s a picture of the contents and the box:

D0-B9-A630-0-D03-43-B6-9-EA3-B581467-BB7

I have done some work to taper the rear fuselage a bit and to thin down the fin.

Although the kit has some issues, I have to say that it fits together well nigh perfectly. This is a dry fit with no glue anywhere, and I wouldn’t even need the tape if I hadn’t sanded the fuselage halves a bit thinner:

F63-EC5-BB-6356-4146-A2-D8-0201-ED881-C8

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 6

While other Master is drying I thought I would dig out the instructor’s canopy section and either pose it open or replace it with something more flush:

2-C9-E7-B2-F-B41-B-49-C1-9-F1-A-8-D6-EE9

The central panel of the windscreen is a bit crazed where it was attached to the sprue so I might cut that out too and replace with a piece of clear plastic.

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 4

I’ve got a few trainers to make so I thought I would get a seat production line going. They are a tad too wide (6mm) but I have to fill the wide fuselage somehow!

B56-D0-CEB-6-C60-4939-94-AA-157-B2-D24-B

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 5

Another thread I'm keen to follow, having a couple of these, one to get a Blenheim engine as a Mk II. You are a good chap to be so obliging & take another for the team as it were. ;) :D

Steve.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

one to get a Blenheim engine as a Mk II.

I have a similar plan! Although with the Oxford I already have three on the go and I am slammed for time this month, so a Mk II (and a Martinet conversion) might have to wait a while...

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

ok going to watch this one too. l believe the Eastern Express is the same kit. Meanwhile Dora Wings is coming out with the Mk 1 you just finished.

Hacker

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hacker said:

Meanwhile Dora Wings is coming out with the Mk 1 you just finished.

No-o-o-o... o-o!! I have the Dora Wings Percival Gull and it is beautiful. The Pegasus kit had quite a few - er - issues and the final build is compromised to say the least. I’m sure the Dora one will be great but I don’t think I will be getting it, sadly.

Eastern Express did re-pop a lot of Frog moulds. I will get back to this after the Airspeed Oxford, which I’m doing to have a brief break from Masters.

Regards,

Adrian