Wingman Models 1/48 Dagger Fuerza Area Argentina

Hi All,
This is my build of Wingman Models’ 1/48 Dagger, in FAA colours. The kit is Kinetic’s Mirage with a big bag of resin parts to convert it to a Dagger. I’ve built mine as C-407, which Teniente Jorge Senn used to attack the landing British forces at San Carlos Water on 21st May 1982. The entire flight of three were intercepted and shot down before they could make their attack, Steve Thomas claiming two kills, and Nigel 'Sharkey' Ward C-407. Some sources say Thomas shot down C-407, but most refer to Ward so I'm going with the weight of numbers.

The combat was at extremely low level, but, remarkably all three pilots were able to eject safely. Grupo 6 De Caza lost five Daggers on the 21st, four in the space of 20 minutes.
The decals for the rear fuselage serial didn’t match the paint colour I had picked out, so I used my plotter cutter to make masks to enable me to spray them. I purchased aftermarket for the Expal bombs, and modified some spare pylons to mount them. There should be a third drop tank on the centre line for this mission, but Wingman only supply two. I’ll get round to ordering another from them one day.

bBNC24S.jpg

svXSwR4.jpg

cVS0eoP.jpg

RAGJvFF.jpg

LCweCCH.jpg

wGe69ED.jpg

FJDkRvO.jpg

vjHqTKt.jpg

DUus8hy.jpg

PiElo9C.jpg

Thanks for looking in,

Gareth

• Like 37

“Have you finished painting the stealth tail numbers on 407, Airman Fangio?”

”Yes, Sergeant!”

”Good.  Camouflage, as you know, is all important.  Now.  See that 30 litres of signal yellow?  This is what I want you to do next...”

(That bird looks the business.  Well done!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The excellence personified! Your modelling skills are superb!

Congratulations on yet another impressive build.

23 hours ago, Gween Weeder said:

“Have you finished painting the stealth tail numbers on 407, Airman Fangio?”

”Yes, Sergeant!”

”Good.  Camouflage, as you know, is all important.  Now.  See that 30 litres of signal yellow?  This is what I want you to do next...”

:rofl2: Ehem! Y'see, those 30 litres of signal yellow weren't part of the camo actually but for identification. :wink:

And Airman Fangio didn't even belong in the ordie ranks.

Kindly,

Unc2

• 11 months later...

Thanks Bo. It's been a while but if I remember correctly I used Xtracolour enamels for the camouflage. I think I found a source for closely matching FS numbers. Sorry, not much help!