1/8 Ford Mustang diecast repaint

That's looking really good Chris, looking forward to the purple. Is there some kind of ridge on the roof (in the middle, at the back) or is that the light?

On 5/10/2019 at 5:36 AM, JeroenS said:

That's looking really good Chris, looking forward to the purple. Is there some kind of ridge on the roof (in the middle, at the back) or is that the light?

Yes there is a ridge cast into the body, but only runs down halfway of the roof. 

Here are all the pieces off the body that are now painted in the Candy Purple. 

IMG-20190513-184329.jpg

Still needs the clear coat to be added after a light sand. 

Hopefully will have the main body section fully sprayed in the next few days. 

Chris 
www.wardsmodelbuilder.com
[email protected]

• Like 2

Ah, cool.

I have one of these to do and had thought about a repaint because there is some variation in the density of the white stripe on mine.

What did you use to strip the paint?

Nick

The body has now been painted in the Zero Paints Candy Purple, just need to add the stripes that will be silver, then a final clear coat and it will be finished. 

IMG-20190521-094909.jpg

Thanks
Chris
http://www.wardsmodelbuilder.com
[email protected]

On 5/15/2019 at 8:51 AM, Nick Belbin said:

Ah, cool.

I have one of these to do and had thought about a repaint because there is some variation in the density of the white stripe on mine.

What did you use to strip the paint?

Nick

Hi Nick, I used Dials varnish and paint remover from B&Q, very simple brings the paint straight off. 

• Like 5

well i picked up a pre built bargain mustang on eBay this weekend. So this is on my thread watch list 

How do you plan on dealing with the side decals? 

Just one note, i am sure you know this already. The stripes are not just straight lines, there is a contour to them. Well on the full scale model there is, a right PITA i can tell you 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, wardsmodelbuilder said:

The body has now been painted in the Zero Paints Candy Purple, just need to add the stripes that will be silver, then a final clear coat and it will be finished. 

IMG-20190521-094909.jpg

Thanks
Chris
http://www.wardsmodelbuilder.com
[email protected]

Hi Nick, I used Dials varnish and paint remover from B&Q, very simple brings the paint straight off. 

interesting color, i like purple, but i think its an unusual color for a Mustang.