Matchbox Jaguar T2

The Mbox jaguar T2 kit is really inaccurate, especially around the cockpit, but I wanted something to practice brush painting on and this got elected.  So I rehaped the nose as best I could and added splitter plates as I wanted to represent XW566, the prototype T2.   As i knew the kit was inaccurate and I really wanted it just for painting, I threw it together in 4 days.  I think that's the quickest build I have done since I was 8 years old! The paints are all Testors acrylics US colours chosen because I wanted to see how close they look to true RAF colours

20190430-180549-Copy.jpg

20190430-180610-Copy.jpg20190430-180632-Copy.jpg

Here it is with the Airfix kit of the prototype single seater XW560 built over 25 years ago and airbrushed with Humbrol enamels.  

20190430-180740-Copy.jpg

20190430-180809-Copy.jpg

David

• Like 19

A real blast from the past and nicely done. I can remember when modelling was a lot less complicated than it seems today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Mr T said:

A real blast from the past and nicely done. I can remember when modelling was a lot more enjoyable than it seems today. 

Corrected free of charge 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

great looking model, i remember building this years ago in the raspberry ripple scheme.  i agree with the MR T and PLC1966, modelling was less complicated and more enjoyable!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great to see this one again and a superb job to,agree with the other's you can't beat a simple back to basic's build.

• Thanks 1

Fantastic builds.

Like all the good people above, I salute you for such a build: simple, precise, gorgeous looking and without fuss! Something I am trying to go back to as a mojo restorer!

Congrats!

JR

• Thanks 1

Thanks, everyone. 

Yes, this was a nostalgic type of build and, yes, it was less stressful and therefore more fun than my attempts to be a more sophisticated builder!   I will probably build more this way, especially if I can get more comfortable using a brush.   Airbrushing is great and, clearly, produces better results but somehow it is not as satisfying to me as brushing seems to be.

David

• Like 2