Su-24 Fencer

Friends,

Here is the Trumpeter Su-24 Fencer.  Ever since I first looked at the hazy and grainy pictures of the Fencer back in the late 70`s (?), I was intrigued by the Soviet version of the F-111.  Time has passed since I put this one together and with my memory being as foggy as it is, I cannot recall which sub mode this one is.  As for the kit, I had no significant issues apart from the wings having a tendency to sag or droop.  I just guessed on the paint color and went with the closest match via color pictures from World AirPower Journal and of course, the internet.  I built everything straight out of the box and weathered the strike fighter with a combination of pastels, pencils, and washes.  I used Tamiya ( painted ) tape for the seat belts to highlight the well appointed cockpit in a most simple manner.  Trumpeter was generous with providing numerous external stores.  While Fencers would likely never carry this type of weapons load, I went for the effect of the variety of the ordnance.  I used the kit supplied decals.  I would recommend the “Flying Suitcase” to those with an interest in Soviet era jet aircraft.  I hope you enjoy the results.

*Note : The horizontal stabilizers on Fencers would point down in a forward manner when at rest but I opted for the “clean” look instead.  

Thank you in advance!!!!!

Respectfully submitted,

Mike

IMG-8270.jpg

IMG-8272.jpg

IMG-8273.jpg

IMG-8274.jpg

IMG-8271.jpg

IMG-8276.jpg

IMG-8277.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2019 at 11:13 PM, 28ZComeback said:

It takes me back to 2015 with Putin landing in Syria. 

In 2005 I was with Boeing and my partner and I were stuck in horrendous queues. Our interpretor - also a Boeing employee (from the space side) - guided us through a side gate and told security that my friend and I had a meeting with Putin's delegation. We were hurried through, as you might imagine :). Of course, we tthen melted into the crowd, later appearing on our corporate stand :). Putin did arrive, in his three Hips - nobody on the outside knowing which had him inside! ;)

Martin

Martin