Alien 3 Dog Alien

Have occasionally  checked out the Eaglemoss 1/16th scale  Alien figures,but Ive not really been that impressed,however I recently took a punt on a broken Alien 3 creature going cheap,so thought I would have a look,When It arrived it had snapped off  the base,was missing a couple of fingers and the tail had snapped off in to three seperate pieces,Once put back together and primed I was pleasently suprised about what a good little sculpt it is.

Now its all painted up I may need to have a hunt for a few more!

vzUGos.jpg

For scale

1XjIcq.jpg

BN0Kt1.jpg

o6vPtH.jpg

sH7uIh.jpg

UGrDJ3.jpg

• Like 9

This looks great, particularly considering its small scale.

It's a shame that Alien 3 was such a mess, but that's what happens when a studio continually interferes with the making of a movie. I'm sure David Finhcher could have produced a great film, if the studio had just let him get on with it. 

Cheers.

Chris.

• Like 1

That looks really rather nice, I'm sure your paintwork is a big factor over and above the sculpt.

I liked Alien 3, it was awesome to have a sci-fi film with a decidedly northern bent. The "assembly cut" version (which I'm pretty sure I watched last time around the Alien movies) is probably better than the theatrical release.

But then I liked Resurrection as well (The Betty! Underwater Aliens! Wise-cracking!) even though I can see that it's probably just bad, so take any recommendation I might make with a pinch of salt...

Will

• Like 1

Hi, Will.

Yep, number 3 and 4 movies seem to divide opinion to a great extent. I think my main objection was that both movies didn't develope the bigger themes from the first two films one iota. Having said that, I'm sure lots of fans would claim that Prometheus and Alien: Covenant barely advanced things, so make of that whatever you will...

Chris.