1/72 - Lee-Richards annular monoplane No.3 by AviS - released

Homebee

• 5 months later...

This kind of wing can actually fly very nicely. I made a flying model many years ago. Cinema and Edwardian aviation fans may recall that a biplane version features in Their Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines, in a non-flying replica form (well, they flew it on wires)

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 1

That would look good in pre-Battle of Britain markings, from the time when all sorts of strange items were being dragged out of the woodwork to repel the impending invasion ...

(Yes, I know it's Edwardian, but the first coffee hasn't kicked in yet!)

26 minutes ago, Admiral Puff said:

That would look good in pre-Battle of Britain markings, from the time when all sorts of strange items were being dragged out of the woodwork to repel the impending invasion ...

(Yes, I know it's Edwardian, but the first coffee hasn't kicked in yet!)

Well, I could see some "alt history" tale making use of it.  Say it was acquired by some "idiosyncratic" English nobleman.  Then, come those dark days of 1940, his son - a fine gent who inherited his father's propensity for "idiosyncratic" behavior - discovers the plane all nicely stored away in the family's castle.  And wanting to do his part in defending the British Isles, the lad dusts it off, finds a spare Bren Gun or two, and takes to the skies with it after having first suitably painted his mount to make it clear which side he was taking to the skies for.

And the rest, as they say, is history...

11 hours ago, Mike said:

Awesomely stupid-looking.  A.k.a. I want one ^_^

Hah!  Agreed!  On all points!

• 3 weeks later...