Arado E581.4

Finished my self imposed one month posting and forum hiatus but still got this one done for April and my seventh for the year: A sweet but full of casting /moulding flaws kit from Anigrand. I scribed and riveted the surface, Alclad and Mr Color for a "Man in the High Castle" vibe. Decided that post war the victorious Luft '46 boys would have dumped the camo and gone full shiny. Scratched an exhaust and throttle body to distract from the strange oval hole Anigrand presented, then made up some aerials for radar/drone use and drove myself crazy gluing 0.1mm nickel rod. Decals from various Skys sheets and spares box. Fun was had and no styrene was unnecessarily hurt.

WIP here:

1stbd1.JPG

2front1.JPG

3detail3.JPG

4detail2.JPG

5detail1.JPG

7under.JPG

6reartop.jpg

8top2%20.JPG

9port1.jpg

• Like 23

Very impressed!  

A really super finish, just enough detail visible in the cockpit to make it look ‘real’.

Jonny

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 3:07 PM, Jonny said:

Very impressed!  

A really super finish, just enough detail visible in the cockpit to make it look ‘real’.

Jonny

Thanks Jonny, hopefully all the aerials will excuse the lack of pilot ( who would need to be an emaciated midget to fit) on the grounds it may be a drone...

On 4/30/2019 at 3:11 PM, Courageous said:

Looks fab! How did you make the 'U' stand?

Stuart

Easy, 2mm acrylic sheet  from ebay heated for a couple on minutes at 180C then formed over a suitable pipe using heat proof gloves.

Cheers

Anil

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Andre B said:

Oj, almost that uggly that one could take it for an modern stealth aircraft!

Great build, fantastic work!

Cheers / André

Yup, pretty it aint that said thank god no one was stupid enough to spend $2 billion trying to make something like this in reality...

http://airpigz.com/blog/2011/12/27/impossibly-rare-flying-dorito-a-12-avenger-ii-canopy-for-sal.html

Doh!

• Like 1