Scratchaeronautics new homepage and selling method

Homebee

On 5/7/2019 at 1:53 PM, chrismac60 said:

Artie

I ordered my Swift in September and until today (7 May 19) have held the line. However, they have not answered my messages or emails until today, they are now trying to sort it out

Chris

Sadly communications have stopped again and still no kit. I know they mean well but this is very frustrating. 

Chris

5 hours ago, chrismac60 said:

Sadly communications have stopped again and still no kit. I know they mean well but this is very frustrating. 

Chris

I'm also waiting and in for an order for 180 Euros or so. Hoping it is just a comms issue but it is very nerve racking and I can understand your misgivings totally. Artie is a good guy though and last week he told me that Juan was moulding 24/7 handcuffed to the work bench!

Similar, Artie advised me last Sunday that they've been hit by a heatwave (i.e. higher than normal Canarian heat) coming over from the Sahara.  That must affect the ability to produce moulds and cast in that heat. I don't think they have air-conditioning at the workbench.

I took a couple of video shots (phone) of the guys making vacform canopies, for the Scimitar or Swift I think, when I was there but I don't know how to attach or show them on here.

Mike

On 5/5/2019 at 7:57 PM, Dave Swindell said:

inside the PayPal timeframe (42 days?)

PayPal allow 180 days in which to initiate a dispute, details in their help centre, it has been that for at least a couple of years iirc. That said, it is obvious some on here have gone beyond that & possibly @Artie & his crew could think about improving communications, which seems to be the bane of so many small (& bigger) operators.

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the estimated delivery date has come and gone. No answer to emails and ebay contact seller requests. Lesson learned.

Amazing that i have never been ripped off until now, it really is an awful feeling knowing some geezer miles away has got his hands on my hard earned cash for nowt !!

Me, also. Worth remembering, Artie has a day job, so no internet access 24 - 7. Juan does the casting and is on active service and as Mike @bootneck has pointed out their having a heat wave, resin don't pour well in the heat.

6 hours ago, triumphfan said:

Well, the estimated delivery date has come and gone. No answer to emails and ebay contact seller requests. Lesson learned.

Amazing that i have never been ripped off until now, it really is an awful feeling knowing some geezer miles away has got his hands on my hard earned cash for nowt !!

These guys are not geezers who rip people off.  They are IPMS members and, when I was there, they were working really hard to get as much done on their non-working day.  As you stated, it is an estimated delivery date and they don't hold stocks, they can't afford to, so they produce to order. There was a backlog of orders when I was out there last month but I had an email from Artie and Juan last week saying that they were getting on top of it now, time availability and weather permitting.

As I mentioned, and has be re-iterated by PheonixII,  it's not their day job and it could be a week or more before they can get together to do any casting.  The weather is playing up their casting plans, they don't have a workshop but use the model shop which their friends runs.

What item did you order?

When did you order the item?

Who are you emailing about it?

I'll try to find out some info on this when you let me know those details above.

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I think we just have to be patient. I know that jaw - John - was after a set of wing panels for his Swift and they turned up. I know that my Swift took several days to get out of Lisbon airport and that added to the time. As so many have said, these are not rip off merchants, they are just like the rest of us and doing there best. I agree, communication is a problem but persevere, get a response out of Artie or Juan and don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll get what you are waiting for. I have absolutely no regrets about dealing with them and would do in the future.

Dear Sirs.

According to what I've been told by Juan, ALL the kits ordered before may, have been already shipped. Just those ordered from may onwards are still waiting to be sent. No resin in stock by now at our local supplier, but will receive it in a two weeks deadline. Some small packets containing spare parts have been shipped as well, so i hope everything have arrived to their homes by now.

If anyone out there feels scammed, just tell us and your money will be refunded back. We've refunded lots of money to ebay buyers wich then tried to purchase the same kits directly from Juan. They know who they're....

Best wishes.

• Like 3

Well done Artie. If you can do updates every couple if weeks regarding the May orders - presuming these are the ones that are being chased now? Then everyone will be happy. Silence is what spooks people but now we know that you have been waiting for materials to come from the mainland, that will help people to be more relaxed about things

Simon

• 1 month later...
  • Julien locked this topic
  • Julien unlocked this topic

Fresh - good! - news about Scratchaeronautics 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Scratchaeronautics/posts/2612174202148954

ESTRENAMOS SITIO WEB. SERÁ UN SITIO WEB PROPIO EN DONDE COMPARTIR MIS MODELOS. HE ANULADO LAS VENTAS POR EBAY DE MANERA DEFINITIVA.

https://jbegines22.wixsite.com/scratchaeronautics

We open a new website. It will be a website of your own where to share my models. I've cancelled sales on ebay definitively.

68795769-711959272602223-805728560708216

And the new website link:

https://jbegines22.wixsite.com/scratchaeronautics

"From time to time, we will sell some copies of our models in order to finance our new projects"

"We are a group of friends passionate about modeling and Spanish aviation. Each of us specializes in a specific topic, design, build, paint, investigate .... any facet of modeling interests us. Lately we have also been interested in models of other air forces and countries and we are carrying out many aircraft projects at different scales. We live in Tenerife, Canary Islands and we meet in our favorite modeling shop, Teide hobby (link), run by Pablo Álvarez, who altruistically gives us his facilities. We have fun and enjoy modeling in our own way and, through this page, we want to share with you everything we do.

thumbnail-1.png

Artie & Juan

https://jbegines22.wixsite.com/scratchaeronautics/about

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Thanks for that. Have added the website to my favourites. Of course the only snag is that I don't speak or read Spanish (Hint: Learn!) I know that there are translation programmes on the internet so no problem but I hope that the guys maintain their threads in the manufacturers section here so that we get to know if something new comes up.Like a 1/48th Tiger for example!

• 3 weeks later...

Dear friends:

by this time, I hope every kit has already reached their new homes. We're still casting some kits to order, but won't make new moulds when the current ones get useless. We're working in a massive order from an overseeas customer for different versions of the ATR 72 and the CASA CN235. An updated version of our beloved C-101 Aviojet in 1/48 scale is almost ready as well. We're still designing and developing some new projects, but have decided not to offer them for sale until they'll be ready ready, following the wise advice given by Mike (Bootneck  for most of us here).  The same way, we won't get any money in preorder status, just to keep from problems.

The F11 Tiger is nothing but Juan's personal challenge. He loves everything Navy related, and wanted to build one of these pretty jets for his colelction, with no intention at all of selling it, Depending on the interest for that particular plane, we'll think about offering it.

Other projects still on our pile of things to do are the Aisa I-11, the Hispano Suiza HS42, the D.H. Chipmunk.

Best regards....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Artie said:

Dear friends:

by this time, I hope every kit has already reached their new homes. We're still casting some kits to order, but won't make new moulds when the current ones get useless. We're working in a massive order from an overseeas customer for different versions of the ATR 72 and the CASA CN235. An updated version of our beloved C-101 Aviojet in 1/48 scale is almost ready as well. We're still designing and developing some new projects, but have decided not to offer them for sale until they'll be ready ready, following the wise advice given by Mike (Bootneck  for most of us here).  The same way, we won't get any money in preorder status, just to keep from problems.

The F11 Tiger is nothing but Juan's personal challenge. He loves everything Navy related, and wanted to build one of these pretty jets for his colelction, with no intention at all of selling it, Depending on the interest for that particular plane, we'll think about offering it.

Other projects still on our pile of things to do are the Aisa I-11, the Hispano Suiza HS42, the D.H. Chipmunk.

Best regards....

Artie: I ordered on May 2nd the HA-220 the HA-100 and the HS-P75 as of today I have not gotten anything or a shipping notice. Please check with Juan and let me know.

On 8/26/2019 at 5:56 AM, Artie said:

Dear friends:

Best regards....

I am in the same position as Hub Plott.  Through your E-bay webpage, I ordered a Mig-35 + Scimitar in May 2019 and a Mig-29K in June 2019.  Until now, I have not received any of the 3 kits.  Did not receive any e-mail response either.