Scratchaeronautics new homepage and selling method

Homebee

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Scratchaeronautics/posts/2438194932880216

😥

Estimados compañeros, os anuncio el fin de actividad de Scratchaeronautics. Gracias a todos por vuestro apoyo en estos años. Los modelos que hayáis adquirido en estos últimos meses irán llegando poco a poco entre este mes y el siguiente, que será cuando cierre definitivamente esta página. Aun tengo moldes con capacidad de copia por si algún rezagado aún quiere tener algún modelo, si es así preguntadme por privado. Gracias a todos¡¡¡

facebook translation

Dear colleagues, I announce the end of activity of scratchaeronautics. Thank you all for your support in these years. The models you have acquired in these last few months will be coming little by little between this month and the next, which will be when it closes this page definitely. I still have molds with copy capacity in case any stragglers still want to have some model, if so ask me by private. Thanks to all

Thanks for all Juan and all the best!

20190321-105213-resized.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee

I am very sorry to read this news. Scratchaeronautics have provided us with 2 of the kits - the Swift and Scimitar - that many of us have been asking for. so thank you for that Juan and all the best for the future.

John

Very sad news indeed!

All the best for the future!

Fortunately I bought most of the kits I fancied... one still on the way ...I assume the AISA will not see the light of day unfortunately....

Buena Suerte!!! O Vusta Suerte y al Toro....

Un Saludo Werner

Edited by exdraken

While I appreciate that this is a sad loss for modellers, and very hard timesfor the guys at Scratch, does anyone know if the Northrop orders are being despatched?

I know this sounds very callous and it's not meant to be, but I have a one on order for a good friend who uses modelling as a way to overcome his depression. I

know he really fancied one and so I ordered it on the qt.

Sorry to sound so cold......

This is indeed very sad and I know that Artie has his father to work about and its only 2 or 3 guys making these kits when they are all available to help that is. I see that Artie says they are still prepared to make the kits they have done already - by arrangement that is but, from their point of view, making resin kits for demanding modellers must be very trying at times, especially if they do this for 'fun'. Having said that Artie is an honourable chap and has never let us down so I imagine that anything ordered and paid for will eventually turn up but we have to give Artie some space to deal with the non-modelling side of his life

Simon

• Like 3

Any ordered stuff will be honoured. They had problems with Correos being on unofficial strike. I asked for spares, which were sent before Christmas but never arrived. Artie sent me some replacements recently which arrived within the week.

Hi Sirs. Please, let me update you about all this mess.

The problem behind Juan's decision about giving up is that some people (not talking about any fellow Britmodeller, please don't misunderstand my words) are absolutely unable to read a simple text and understand it.

When you order a kit from Scratchaeronautics' ebay store, you can find a full text saying that the delivery time can be about three to four months from the day you place an order and send the money. Some of the buyers customers place an order, and just three weeks later place an ebay complaint because their kits haven't arrived yet. A claim case is opened and the paypal account gets blocked (ebay politics), so not just the money they've sent, but all the available money is blocked for at least one month and a half, without the chance to transfer it to the bank account. We cannot buy any resin, decal paper or boxes until the money is released, wich can take a lot of time. Juan refunds the money and blocks that customer, but, believe it or not, he gets back in touch with us with a personal message, asking us to sell him the kit again. Of course, Juan has got tired about all that problems. We don't make ur living from the kits we sell...in fact, sometimes we loose some money....this is just a hobby, not a pledge. So, unfortunately, we've been forced to quit from this adventure.

We still keep the moulds, and will be casting kits while the silicone moulds will last. Our aim is to keep on developing some new kits during the forthcoming months, so don't worry, you'll be the first to know. One of our current pojects is a Henschel Hs. P75 Luft '46 project in 1/48, as well as a De Havilland Chipmunk in 1/48 scale.....but things are stalled by now...

The already ordered kits will be sent, including the Northrop N3PB, the Supermarine Swift and Scimitar, two seater Buchón and so on.....We're thinking about a last "limited edition" series of some of the references, such as the Narval, the Swift or the Scimitar. Other kits such as the C101 Aviojet or HA200 Saeta, will be offered in a very limited series, the moulds are good shape, but we're thinking about keeping most of the kits for our personal collection.

We can supply kits as far as the moulds last, but that's all. A personal message to Juan or myself will be enough, and a paypal account will be provided. Please, any order with your desired kit must be sent to:

[email protected]    or    [email protected]

I check my personal email once a week, so pease be patient if I don't give you an inmediate answer.

Finally, a big thank you for all your support and interest.

Arturo Navarro.

IPMS Canary Islands.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Thanks Arturo for these explanations and all to best to you and Juan.

The Henschel Hs. P75 Luft '46 project thread is here: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235036961-148-henschel-hs-p75-resin-kit-by-scratchaeronautics-in-design-release-in-2019/

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Scratchaeronautics/posts/2441685462531163

Estimados compañeros, paso a informaros de los moldes que aun tienen capacidad de copia y cuantos puedo hacer de cada uno. Los que ya habéis adquirido alguno y aún no os ha llegado no desesperéis, irán llegando poco a poco, los pedidos de resina tardan tiempo en llegarme y voy copiando los modelos por orden de pedido...así que tranquilos. A medida que los moldes se vayan gastando ya no los repetiré, y los iré retirando paulatinamente de la venta, así que es el momento de pedírmelos si estáis interesados. Lo que puedo ofrecer es lo siguiente...

• CASA C-101 (CUALQUIER VERSIÓN) - 1/72 - 20 COPIAS
  • CASA C-101 (CUALQUIER VERSION) - 1/48 - 15 COPIAS
  • CASA CN235 (CUALQUIER VERSIÓN) - 1/72 - 20 COPIAS
  • CASA C295 (CUALQUIER VERSION) - 1/72 - 20 COPIAS
  • CASA C-212-200 AVIOCAR VERSION TRANSPORTE - 1/48 - 10 COPIAS
  • CASA C-212-200/300 MPA - 1/48 - 5 COPIAS
  • CASA C-212-300 TRANSPORTE - 1/48 - 6 COPIAS
  • HISPANO HA-200 SAETA - 1/48 - 14 COPIAS
  • HISPANO HA-220 SUPERSAETA - 1/48 - 8 COPIAS
  • HISPANO HA-100 TRIANA - 1/48 - 10 COPIAS
  • HISPANO BUCHON M4L - 1/48 - 12 COPIAS
  • HISPANO HA-220 SUPERSAETA - 1/72 - 16 COPIAS
  • HU-16B ALBATROSS - 1/72 - 14 COPIAS
  • HH-3 JOLLY GREEN GIANT - 1/72 - 12 COPIAS
  • HENSCHEL HS P75 - 1/48 - 25 COPIAS
  • ATR72 (P72A) - 1/72 - 25 COPIAS
  • ALENIA M346 MASTER - 1/72 - 16 COPIAS
  • CASA CN235M (CUALQUIER VERSIÓN) - 1/144 - 18 COPIAS
  • SHORT 330 SHERPA/SUPERSHERPA - 1/72 - 22 COPIAS
  • SNCASO SO8000 NARVAL - 1/48 - 19 COPIAS
  • ENAER PILLAN (TAMIZ) - 1/48 - 5 COPIAS
  • SOCATA TB30 EPSILON - 1/48 - 20 COPIAS
  • SUPERMARINE SCIMITAR - 1/48 - 12 COPIAS
  • SUPERMARINE SWIFT - 1/48 - 17 COPIAS
  • MIG-35 - 1/72 - 13 COPIAS
  • MIG-29K - 1/72 - 10 COPIAS
  • NORTHROP N3PB - 1/48 - 20 COPIAS

Ésto es lo que les queda de vida a los moldes...después de eso seguiré con el hobby, pero en modo disfrute...es decir...para mí....que creo que ya me lo voy mereciendo¡¡¡

Escribirme por privado si queréis algo, un abrazo a todos

Google translation:

Dear colleagues, I step to inform you of the molds that still have copy capacity and how many I can do of each. Those who have already acquired some and have not yet arrived no despair, Iran coming little by little, resin orders take time in got and I'm copying the models by order order... so quiet. As the molds go away I will no longer repeat them, and I will gradually remove them from the sale, so it's time to ask them if you are interested. What I can offer is the following...

• CASA C-101 (any version) - 1/72 - 20 COPIES
  • CASA C-101 (any version) - 1/48 - 15 COPIES
  • CASA CN235 (any version) - 1/72 - 20 COPIES
  • CASA C295 (any version) - 1/72 - 20 COPIAS
  • CASA C-212-200 AVIOCAR transport version - 1/48 - 10 COPIES
  • CASA C-212-200/300 MPA - 1/48 - 5 COPIES
  • CASA C-212-300 TRANSPORT - 1/48 - 6 COPIES
  • HISPANO HA-200 SAETA - 1/48 - 14 COPIES
  • HISPANO HA-220 SUPERSAETA - 1/48 - 8 COPIES
  • HISPANO HA-100 TRIANA - 1/48 - 10 COPIES
  • HISPANO BUCHON M4L - 1/48 - 12 COPIES
  • HISPANO HA-220 SUPERSAETA - 1/72 - 16 COPIES
  • HU-16B ALBATROSS - 1/72 - 14 COPIES
  • HH-3 JOLLY GREEN GIANT - 1/72 - 12 COPIES
  • HENSCHEL HS P75 - 1/48 - 25 COPIES
  • ATR72 (P72A) - 1/72 - 25 COPIES
  • ALENIA M346 MASTER - 1/72 - 16 COPIES
  • CASA CN235M (any version) - 1/144 - 18 COPIES
  • SHORT 330 SHERPA/SUPERSHERPA - 1/72 - 22 COPIES
  • SNCASO SO8000 NARVAL - 1/48 - 19 COPIES
  • ENAER PILLAN (TAMIZ) - 1/48 - 5 COPIES
  • SOCATA TB30 EPSILON - 1/48 - 20 COPIES
  • SUPERMARINE SCIMITAR - 1/48 - 12 COPIES
  • SUPERMARINE SWIFT - 1/48 - 17 COPIES
  • MIG-35 - 1/72 - 13 COPIES
  • MIG-29K - 1/72 - 10 COPIES
  • NORTHROP N3PB - 1/48 - 20 COPIES

This is what is left of life to the molds... after that I will continue with the hobby, but in enjoy mode... that is... for me.... that I think I'm already going to
Write me by private if you want something, a hug to all

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

A real bummer... There were some interesting kits, glad to have the emails.. when times comes and funds allow, I hope that some will still be available...

What Artie said is true, some customers (me too) can grow impatient, when you pay a "lot or good deal" of money, and then have to wait several months... some manufactures send an email with an explanation (even when it is mentioned on the site), some don't. Like my last order with SP-designs, I ordered and he wrote a mail saying , I can cast then, shipping a few days later, when ok, cost is... And I knew what I was up to from the beginning...  With W-models you pay, and a few months later you get an email with the tracking number... Then you have Azimut or Tonyshop from France, you pay, you get nothing, you write an email, also nothing... 3 different approaches... 3 different states of mind for the customer.

I am currently in Tenerife and I popped around to the shop a couple of days ago.  Only Pablo, the owner, was there as everyone else was either at work or doing military service.  I could not see any Scratchaeronautics kits, which is only to be expected as Juan ships them out as soon as he has completed each cast.   I did find a nice Sword TF-9J two-seat Cougar to make up for it. :thumbsup:

Pablo has a little production going where he designs and makes his own 3D printed items.  I watched his 3D printer, which he built himself, producing a series of nice little 1:87 tanks, which I think were Cromwells or Crusaders for wargaming. 

I have had a message from Artie that most of the team will be at the shop on Saturday, so I will return and meet them; and I shall pass on everyone's good wishes for them.  I will try to take a couple of photo's, especially of Pablo's printer setup.

cheers

Mike

• Like 6

I like a few of those on the list, but couldn't say yes/no without seeing prices. They also don't list the N3PB either ? If i had a $ list i may just place an order in August with my Birthday $. Provided there were molds still serviceable. 

Dennis

1 hour ago, bootneck said:

I am currently in Tenerife......

I have had a message from Artie that most of the team will be at the shop on Saturday, so I will return and meet them; and I shall pass on everyone's good wishes for them.  I will try to take a couple of photo's, especially of Pablo's printer setup.

cheers

Mike

Lucky #'?/ ";!!!!

Word to the wise, or should that be warning to a retired Bootneck?!  Beware the single malt, your not as young as you think you are!!  :evil_laugh: 

Enjoy yourself Mike, all the best to the crew at Pablo's.

Paul

4 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Lucky #'?/ ";!!!!

Hi Paul,

not so lucky, as such.  My wife Margaret had to have urgent surgery a couple of weeks ago for bowel problems; however, while undergoing that op, they found more issues which will need further surgery soon.  As you can imagine, she was upset and concerned at this new information and so I grabbed a cheap and cheerful last-minute break for us, just to help take her mind off things.  It's sort of helping but she says her mind is racing as to what the future might entail.

We are both remaining positive that the next round will sort it all out and she will be fine again soon.

Mike

• Sad 6

Hi Mike, @bootneck not nice to hear at anytime for anyone.

Margaret's mind will be racing ahead down all the paths imaginable. All good wishes to Margaret, may it turn out to be a lot less than she's thinking, and the recovery quick and total.

She'll be in our prayers.

AND you've still got to watch the single malt.....know what you Bootnecks are like!

Paul

On 01/05/2019 at 20:04, Artie said:

When you order a kit from Scratchaeronautics' ebay store, you can find a full text saying that the delivery time can be about three to four months from the day you place an order and send the money.

Another case of people causing issues because they don't read the description.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Another case of people causing issues because they don't read the description.

I don't think so, the source of this problem is Scratchaeronautics own marketing methods, which attempt to circumvent Ebay and Paypal customer protection policies by introducing their own terms on delivery periods. As they have found, Ebay and Paypal will always uphold their own rules over any additional terms the seller may try to impose. I'm sure in this case this was attempted to minimise their up front financial outlay by only manufacturing to order, but if you've been a member here for a while you will be aware of sellers who have used this method of marketing and haven't been able to come through with delivery of goods due to personal circumstances, or, in some cases, outright fraud. Ebay and Paypal buyer protection is there to re-assure buyers they have a getout if things appear to be going south in this manner. Scratchaeronautics are asking all thier customers to in effect surrender this protection, they shouldn't be surprised when customers enforce it, and accept the consequences for this. Ebay and Paypal are not set up for selling a product you haven't yet made, unless you've got a physical product or a very fast turnaround time to produce it, selling in this manner will end in tears as Scratchaeronautics have found.

If Scratchaeronautics finances are so tight they can't afford to do small batch production runs to offer for sale, then maybe something like crowd funding would be more appropriate? They seem to have a good reputation for a quality product with a small interested market, so I would have thought a batch size to cover costs from known intended purchasers at break even cost plus a few extra to sell on spec at a slightly higher price for profit would work?

I'm sorry to hear of Scratchaeronautics above troubles and do hope they can find some way of continuing to market their product which wil meet both customer and their needs.

My interest has been in the subject of their kits, but not the scale, I'm a 1/72nd myself, so I have no vested interest in Scratchaeronautics.

• Like 2

I think the way in which they tried to use Ebay and Paypal was almost crowdfunding.  Basically, you wanted what they were advertising, paid up front on trust, and waited for the goods to turn up in the post.  As you rightly point out, eBay is not geared up for that process. 

Wich I completely agree. I've never liked to offer kits in preorder status. That gives you lots of problems. I've discussed it with Juan several times, but he thinks in a different way than me and I'm not the one to tell him hiw to manage his bussiness. That said, I find it quite unfair complaining about the kit not arriving just three weeks after you've ordered it, given tge fact you agree the selling terms. If yoo're not  willing to wait the stated deadline, JUST DON'T BUY IT. The result: you're causing issues to ALL those who read and understand what tgey read, and patiently wait. We could sell just ready for shipment kits, but at a higher price and asking you for Shipping costs, wich we don't do. My main concern are the fellow Britmodellers who see their shipments unnecesarily delayed. All those "short minded" ebay customers mean nothing to me and, believe me, are a minimun part of all the others who understand what they read...

Best regards.

• Like 10