Tamiya Calsonic R34 detail kits

Hi everyone, 

I have a Tamiya Calsonic R34 GTR kit (1/24), and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any detail/photo etch sets for it? I've found a couple via Google, but they're both discontinued. 

Are there any generic parts around for JGTC cars that could be used? I really want to make the most of this kit, as I think it could look amazing. 

Cheers

12 hours ago, Maxwellphillips said:

Hi everyone, 

I have a Tamiya Calsonic R34 GTR kit (1/24), and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any detail/photo etch sets for it? I've found a couple via Google, but they're both discontinued. 

Are there any generic parts around for JGTC cars that could be used? I really want to make the most of this kit, as I think it could look amazing. 

Cheers

being a curbside kit i don't think that you can add a whole lot of visible details. That said maybe studio 27 does some type of detail up for radiators grills, disc brakes, hatches and harness. But I'm not sure

2 hours ago, fet_thunderdome said:

being a curbside kit i don't think that you can add a whole lot of visible details. That said maybe studio 27 does some type of detail up for radiators grills, disc brakes, hatches and harness. But I'm not sure

Ahh ok, cheers. I've never built a car before, so didn't realise there was a difference between fully detailed and curbside models. I've not opened the box for years either, so can't remember what interior (if any) details it has 

1 hour ago, Maxwellphillips said:

Ahh ok, cheers. I've never built a car before, so didn't realise there was a difference between fully detailed and curbside models. I've not opened the box for years either, so can't remember what interior (if any) details it has 

As a rule of thumb a curbside car is a closed model with fairly detailed interiors. No engine bay, transmission, or other openings. But out of the box comes out a great kit, so if it's your first car model i can tell you to go OOB and you will not be disappointed. Just try some photoetching for the harness.

• Thanks 1