1/72 Revell Fairey Gannet AS Mk.1/4

Smashing model of a great subject.  I'm envious 😀

There's a youtube clip somewhere of a Gannet taxiing at an American air show using the jet and the props feathered.  The comments from the confused spectators are hilarious.

• Like 2

Excellent work. Neat and tidy and the extra details give it depth. My only criticism is that we need more picture, especially of the underside to appreciate the extra details added.

• Thanks 1

That's a cracking build Steve great paintwork seal's the finish,I'm on an FAA building spree at the moment this kit's a must but can't find one for love nor money!

• Like 1

I would say that's a beautiful Gannet, but I believe that's a bit of an oxymoron. Still, brilliant job on the old girl, and I have to admit to having always liked the Gannet, not despite its rather 'interesting' looks, but because of it. The scary thing is, of the two aircraft the Gannet beat out for the job, the Gannet was the most normal-looking!

Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

Hi All

Thanks for your kind words, and as for...

On 4/29/2019 at 8:22 PM, Tomoshenko said:

Excellent work. Neat and tidy and the extra details give it depth. My only criticism is that we need more picture, especially of the underside to appreciate the extra details added.

Your wish is my command 😬

DSCF7951.jpg

DSCF7956.jpg

Must admit I bottled it when it came to adding the extra plumbing once the legs were on, if it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.

Anyhoo, that Eduard set is a worthwhile investment as the canopies are more at home being displayed open

DSCF7952.jpg

DSCF7953.jpg

DSCF7954.jpg

I'm now off to find something that has one cockpit and one prop!

Comments and suggestions welcome

Cheers

Steve

• Like 3

Hello Sparks,

Checked your WIP and Finished model.

Nice piece of craftsmanship. Gannet, just as ugly as the Wessex, but still adorable designs.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1