This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sorry I don't have time to check if this has been posted, but are you aware that the date in the forum migration and software update pages linked to on the green banners is in American format? It's not just picking up on my PC settings, because they,re UK.

Paul.

39 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

Sorry I don't have time to check if this has been posted, but are you aware that the date in the forum migration and software update pages linked to on the green banners is in American format? It's not just picking up on my PC settings, because they,re UK.

Paul.

It's showing UK format for me Paul - have you not set your UK affiliations in your Profile?  That would be why :)

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's showing UK format for me Paul - have you not set your UK affiliations in your Profile?  That would be why :)

Location is set to Dalgety Bay, Fife. Does it need to actually specify UK? I can't see any other editable bit that would do the job (but then, I am very short sighted). Anyway, not a problem.

Paul.

According to my profile page I am an array who lives in array and is interested in array 🤔

7 minutes ago, Rickoshea52 said:

According to my profile page I am an array who lives in array and is interested in array 🤔

Pics or it didn't happen! :lol:

32 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

Location is set to Dalgety Bay, Fife. Does it need to actually specify UK? I can't see any other editable bit that would do the job (but then, I am very short sighted). Anyway, not a problem.

Paul.

Hang on - my Profile is a bit different to everyone else's cos I'm a bit speshul.  Let me look into it.  There's a way of setting your locale, but it might not be the one that pops up under your avatar.  Leave it with me, but if it keeps bugging you and I get distracted by something shiny, nudge me by PM :yes:

1 hour ago, Paul Thompson said:

are you aware that the date in the forum migration and software update pages linked to on the green banners is in American format?

On the basis that if I don't strike while the iron is hot I'll forget, go to the bottom of any forum page and in the left corner you'll find "Language".  Drop that down and choose UK, which is the default anyway, but our American cousins get special dispensation to remove many Ls and Us from words if they want :)

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

On the basis that if I don't strike while the iron is hot I'll forget, go to the bottom of any forum page and in the left corner you'll find "Language".  Drop that down and choose UK, which is the default anyway, but our American cousins get special dispensation to remove many Ls and Us from words if they want :)

................and that did the trick. The default wasn't the default.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

I do get the 'array' thing as well, BTW, but make a point of not being world-shatteringly disturbed by more than one thing on any given day. so no pictures.

Paul.

3 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

I do get the 'array' thing as well, BTW, but make a point of not being world-shatteringly disturbed by more than one thing on any given day. so no pictures

Cool ^_^ As to the array thing, let's see if that's cured by the completion of the recount & rebuild process.  If not, we'll look into it, but at the moment it's like complaining your car isn't quite right while it's still on the production line being built :lol: Invision would give us the stink-eye <_< and tell us to come back when it's finished, and rightly so.

Incidentally, it's about half way through 3.3m operations, processing 500 at a time, which isn't stressing the server a bit.  It's probably quite warm, but unbothered :)

I've got the full " array ", too!

Contact Methods

Array

Profile Information

Array

Array

Interests

Array

Chris

2 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

'array! :yahoo:

2 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Me too now I've looked, but only in the left info bar of my profile.  It shows up fine in my info box under the avatar.

Mike,

What's the new "plus" icon between the new content and search icons on the top right of each page for?

I touched it and nothing happened.

9 minutes ago, Whofan said:

What's the new "plus" icon between the new content and search icons on the top right of each page for?

I'm not seeing anything - can you post up a screenie for me so I can see what you're on about?  Oh, and which Theme are you using?  The old one might be getting a bit twitchy by now, so I'd recommend using the new sexy one anyway :)

I've just been traumatised by switching back to the "old" default theme.  Why anyone likes that one is beyond me! :puke:

I've just been into the Admin panel, and all those background processes that make up the recount and rebuild have finished in record time.  Everything should be back to normal with searches, and activity streams etc. by now :phew:

The Profile page is still all excited though, as all my details say "array!".  I'll get onto Invision in the morning :)

42 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm not seeing anything - can you post up a screenie for me so I can see what you're on about?  Oh, and which Theme are you using?  The old one might be getting a bit twitchy by now, so I'd recommend using the new sexy one anyway :)

I've just been traumatised by switching back to the "old" default theme.  Why anyone likes that one is beyond me! :puke:

Mike,

all solved.

it's the way my kindle displays the new contenty/search/etc  "icons", on the PC it's obvious it's the create new content "icon".

Looks like AT&T are blocking our new server, so if anyone reading this has access to an AT&T internet account and could run a tracert for me to use as evidence, I'd be grateful. :)

4 minutes ago, Whofan said:

all solved.

:phew:

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Does that mean we get a discount?

18 hours ago, Rickoshea52 said:

That's fixed now :)

Any AT&T members that can't connect from home, but are able to at work or out & about, could one of you follow these instructions and message me with the results please?  It'll help us fix it like I did last time. :yes:

From Windows, Open up a Command window/DOS Prompt (type cmd <ENTER> from your start menu's Run item of press Windows+R) and type the following:

tracert britmodeller.com

Mac and Linux users should open a Terminal window and type the following:

traceroute britmodeller.com

The screen will scroll along for a bit as the data hops between router after router, and will either end in a failure with some timeouts or get to the britmodeller.com server

Once it's finished, take a screenshot or copy & paste the data into a PM, speak to us on Facebook, or if you've got my email address

@Mike I've notice something since the server move. In the profile page, the 'About Me' tab used to show posts etc. on the left hand pane, but not it's the same as the 'Activity' tab. Is this a fault or a feature?

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

@Mike I've notice something since the server move. In the profile page, the 'About Me' tab used to show posts etc. on the left hand pane, but not it's the same as the 'Activity' tab. Is this a fault or a feature?

My profile shows the About Me info on the correct tab, and my Activity in the correct tab too.  I'll go and have a look at your profile now, and see how it appears.  In the meantime, if you can get me a screenshot in case it needs to go to Support, that would be useful.  After that, do a hard refresh of the page with CTRL+F5 to see if that clears it :)

EDIT: Nope, your About Me and Activity tabs are in the right place for me too.  Maybe you need to clear your cache, reboot your device etc.?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

do a hard refresh of the page with CTRL+F5 to see if that clears it :)

EDIT: Nope, your About Me and Activity tabs are in the right place for me too.  Maybe you need to clear your cache, reboot your device etc.?

Done that and it's still the same. It's no biggie, it's just how I usually find old threads etc. but I don't do that often. I use Chrome on Linux Mint if that helps. Thanks.

-zxSrKI7woRcMpNwYSpCZ5DaU-GpvH-wNAJHpkYH

I'm confused. That looks right to me. The about me tab is where it should be, and full of your prose. Have I got the wrong end of the stick? :hmmm:

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm confused. That looks right to me. The about me tab is where it should be, and full of your prose. Have I got the wrong end of the stick? :hmmm:

Sorry - ignore me - bad brain day and getting a little confused with life.

17 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Sorry - ignore me - bad brain day and getting a little confused with life.

No worries - Happens to the best of us :shrug:

If you briefly couldn't access the server, it was because I was rebooting it to apply a few updates to the guts of the machine to bring it up to current standards.  Nae need to panic :D