The Gannet is back....and more. 1/48 AEW

bentwaters81tfw

On 5/10/2019 at 8:59 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

because it is air portable and a feature often seen on a wing pylon

It's often mis-identified as a cargo pod too.

So is Alan actually Icelandic models then or are there two kits? If so how come I missed it??

Alan is Icelandic models.

He'll be at Hinckley too,

19 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

It's often mis-identified as a cargo pod too.

So is Alan actually Icelandic models then or are there two kits? If so how come I missed it??

• Like 1

My Gannet so far, scratch built undercarriage and trye balance lead weights to keep the nose down. Hopfully I will take it to Salisbury, but it will still need a canopy, on request with Alan

Chris

spacer.png

• Like 6

Blast! I was at the MK show and saw these in passing but made the mistake of being in a hurry.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the 1/72 Hastings in particular. Is there a website or vendor that I can consult for reference?

Great looking Gannet, btw

Cheers, 

P.

Alan is now a site member as of Friday last

He is still finding his way around the site

He is known as   Icelandic Fine Arts

Please cut him a little slack as he gets used to things and posting.

I spoke with him today, but I don't want to steal his thunder.

The Belfast is almost ready, but he went to Cosford this week and discovered he had an error with the back of the inboard engine nacelles, which he now has to correct. He wants to give the option of ramp down too.

Gannets are £55 and will be ready for shipment shortly, those who have contacted him will get replies as appropriate

I have a price for the Hastings, and the VC10. They will be very affordable for resin,  but I will not divulge them yet.

He is working also on a 1/72 Trident in conjunction with the Trident project. When kits are ready (not for a while) some of the proceeds will be to the project.

Does anyone have accurate drawings for a Varsity? He is going to Brooklands shortly.

New products will be subject to sales of kits from existing masters. He has a caster, but all other work is him alone.

More info will follow. I took a few pics of the Vulcan and VC10 today, I'll post them later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

He is working also on a 1/72 Trident in conjunction with the Trident project. When kits are ready (not for a while) some of the proceeds will be to the project.

Now that might sway me to the resin side of things!

7 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Apologies for no pics yet. I have a new phone, and so far have been unable to get any pictures downloaded. The quest continues.

So glad I'm not on my own!

Best of luck 👍

On 18/05/2019 at 09:39, chrismac60 said:

My Gannet so far, scratch built undercarriage and trye balance lead weights to keep the nose down. Hopfully I will take it to Salisbury, but it will still need a canopy, on request with Alan

Chris

spacer.png

Alan saw this. He was very impressed.

Oh bliss. A 1/32 Bucc. I'll definitely be buying that in November. An early Christmas present from me to me 🤣

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/05/2019 at 18:37, bentwaters81tfw said:

Something has just jogged my memory. Alan intends to do a palouste for the Gannet.

CMK in 1/48th - ref. 129-4368 - Palouste Mk.101/102 – Jet Air Starter Trolleys and Airborne Pod

https://www.specialhobby.eu/finalni-produkty-na-prodej/produkty-na-e-shopu/vlastni-vyrobky/cmk-kits/detailni-sety/1-48-palouste-mk-101-102-jet-air-starter-trolleys-and-airborne-podl.html

BCEAB2-A3-7-A31-47-AB-BC5-A-263902873-F7

imgp2201-z6.jpg

V.P.

33 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Interesting... VERY interesting!

Disagree with you. It’s not very interesting. It’s more :wub::frantic: when are they available before I have an accident in my excitement sort of interesting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Bentwaters,

I see you have done a good job getting the images to the forum. I have tried in vain to upload my article to this site but all else has failed. Both the 1/48 Avro Vulcan and 1/32 Buccaneer masters are now completed and I am currently running tool trials to achieve the best setup. The price has also been finalised and providing that I am not breaking any forum rules by disclosing them, the 1/48 Vulcan will be £180 and also the 1/32 Buccaneer will be £180; this includes postage and packing within the UK. The AEW.3 Gannet is also finished but I am still improving the transparencies with some good results, so wait out for an answer when it is finished. I will be finishing off the 1/72 VC10, both the C.1 and BOAC, 1101 series. After that, I will also finish off the 1/72 BAC 111 series 500 and should be finished by the end of October.

Alan

Icelandic Fine Art

• Like 7

Hello Dave,

No, afraid not, they are in fact 1/250 scale that was originally used on my 1/250 scale HMS Ark Royal IV 1977 that I had done over 10 years ago. I do in fact have a 1/144 F4K Spey Phantom but I never managed to get round to finishing it. Its probably the only real one in existence and captures all the real contours of the Brit Phantom.

Thanks,

Alan

• Like 1