Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

bentwaters81tfw

The Gannet is back....and more. 1/48 AEW

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Something has just jogged my memory. Alan intends to do a palouste for the Gannet.

Why the Palouste for the Gannet please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

because it is air portable and a feature often seen on a wing pylon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 8:59 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

because it is air portable and a feature often seen on a wing pylon

It's often mis-identified as a cargo pod too.

 

So is Alan actually Icelandic models then or are there two kits? If so how come I missed it??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alan is Icelandic models.

He'll be at Hinckley too,

19 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

It's often mis-identified as a cargo pod too.

 

So is Alan actually Icelandic models then or are there two kits? If so how come I missed it??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Gannet so far, scratch built undercarriage and trye balance lead weights to keep the nose down. Hopfully I will take it to Salisbury, but it will still need a canopy, on request with Alan

Chris

spacer.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blast! I was at the MK show and saw these in passing but made the mistake of being in a hurry.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the 1/72 Hastings in particular. Is there a website or vendor that I can consult for reference?

Great looking Gannet, btw

Cheers, 

P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alan is now a site member as of Friday last

He is still finding his way around the site

He is known as   Icelandic Fine Arts

 

Please cut him a little slack as he gets used to things and posting.

I spoke with him today, but I don't want to steal his thunder.

The Belfast is almost ready, but he went to Cosford this week and discovered he had an error with the back of the inboard engine nacelles, which he now has to correct. He wants to give the option of ramp down too.

 

Gannets are £55 and will be ready for shipment shortly, those who have contacted him will get replies as appropriate

I have a price for the Hastings, and the VC10. They will be very affordable for resin,  but I will not divulge them yet.

He is working also on a 1/72 Trident in conjunction with the Trident project. When kits are ready (not for a while) some of the proceeds will be to the project.

Does anyone have accurate drawings for a Varsity? He is going to Brooklands shortly.

 

New products will be subject to sales of kits from existing masters. He has a caster, but all other work is him alone.

More info will follow. I took a few pics of the Vulcan and VC10 today, I'll post them later.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

He is working also on a 1/72 Trident in conjunction with the Trident project. When kits are ready (not for a while) some of the proceeds will be to the project.

Now that might sway me to the resin side of things!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies for no pics yet. I have a new phone, and so far have been unable to get any pictures downloaded. The quest continues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Apologies for no pics yet. I have a new phone, and so far have been unable to get any pictures downloaded. The quest continues.

So glad I'm not on my own!

Best of luck 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2019 at 09:39, chrismac60 said:

My Gannet so far, scratch built undercarriage and trye balance lead weights to keep the nose down. Hopfully I will take it to Salisbury, but it will still need a canopy, on request with Alan

Chris

spacer.png

 

 

Alan saw this. He was very impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh bliss. A 1/32 Bucc. I'll definitely be buying that in November. An early Christmas present from me to me 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All done apart from the canopy and aerials. Seemed popular at Salisbury.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...