Hasegawa Decals

cardiff guy

Evening all

Like many of you I bought many Hasegawa kits in the 80's and 90's many of them are still in my stash.

This morning I went to the loft looking for a Sea Harrier over the years I have collected a few, three of them have colour full 899 NAS markings as a separate sheet in with the standard kit decals. 

Upon opening the boxes all three of the standard decal sheets have cracked and crumbled but the new 899 sqn seem fine.

Have any of you come across this before, any ideas why this has happened.

Regards Glenn.

Modeldecal (and/or Modeltoys) brought out a very limited run conversion kit, converting the Airfix Harrier GR.1 to a Sea Harrier FRS.1.  Unfortunately it emerged at the same time as the Matchbox SHAR and disappeared almost without trace.  "Almost" because Dick Ward (and/or Mike Silk) had printed a lot of transfer sheets for the conversion in anticipation of big sales.  As usual with Modeldecal they were far better than anything provided in by mainstream kit manufacturers.  For several years they could often be found selling very cheaply at model shows.  I wonder if you picked up a few copies of that sheet to replace the thick and inaccurately coloured Hasegawa transfers?  

• Like 1