A Tale of 2 Spitfires: the Bride meets the Son...Ready for Inspection!

Here they are!  I was very happy with both, especially one I came closer to finishing them. In terms of weathering, Black 89 has some sandy FloryWash and a little bit of black FloryWash to bring out the panel lines, especially underneath.  White 26 just has the black.  Decals on both kits were a cinch and it is interesting to notice the different sides of blue used by each company for the Mogen David.  I much prefer the Eduard, yet the KoPro has that touch of indigo that makes them not so much blue as...well, kind of purple.  Speaking of blue, I am happy that the Blue-Grey camo colour comes off as more if a very dark blue/black once it is paired with the sand and then weathered a bit.  

While the Eduard kit is more finely engineered than the KoPro, I still am very fond of these KoPro kits.  They offer a no-nonsense Spitfire with a wide variety of markings if one looks at the whole of the KoPro catalogue.  Eduard does too, but they seem to be more specific (D-Day, Aussie 8, etc...)  Both kits are worth building and investing in.  A happy modeller am I.  Here is the WiP thread...

How about some pictures?

33843786058_b80b7cf582_h_d.jpg

33843786528_04bca053a6_h_d.jpg

47720745121_411aeb7ce4_h_d.jpg

46804467635_2dda1f6e6a_h_d.jpg

47720744861_27b050e6a5_h_d.jpg

47667943142_ca2aa61c7b_h_d.jpg

Maybe I should build more Messerschmitts...?

47720744651_920311eb12_h_d.jpg

--John

• Like 22

Excellent work 👍 Ive always had an interest in the Sand/Blue camouflage. Ive never quite understood why they opted for the blue ? Ive read one theory that these were former Swedish aircraft that had blue camouflage ? But I've never been able to verify it. 

Uh John...........you don`t have ENOUGH Spitfires!!!!!  These two latest additions blend in well with the rest of your growing collection.  Great results!!!!!

• Like 1

Excellent pair of Spits!

Glad to hear your opinion of the KoPro kit, as I now have one in my stash (a Vc variant if I recall correctly).

Nice work on both, anyway.

👍👍

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Neal. 

3 hours ago, NealParkes said:

the Eduard kit really does have nice surface detail

Indeed it does.  Very fine.  One has to be very careful with clean-up so as to not erase rivets, etc...