RMS Carpathia, Scratchbuild, 1/500 Scale

1 hour ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

I’m still waiting Hendie. You need to write a comment on Carpathia RFI.

sheesh. It's 6 am and you're pestering me already.  Okay, okay, it's the best Carpathia scratch build I've ever seen!  

nice work though.  It's interesting to see that the biggest one won 1st prize. Yours won 2nd.  Then the smaller ones won 3rd & 4rd. 

So size really does matter then ?

now, get back over there and tell us how you did it... the suspense is killing me

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, hendie said:

4rd. 

Gidday, I thought that was the name of a car manufacturer, named after the company founder, first name Henry 😀. On a serious note, the actual places in the competition are 1st, 2nd and 3rd only. Size doesn't always matter, what does is the quality and quantity of work going into a model. Naturally the larger models have more scope for this so in many cases you could well be correct. But not always. Regards, Jeff

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ok but if you came in second place last year, competing with a waterline model of a sub, against a battleship, that’s still pretty dam impressing I’d say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He’s too shy to admit it but it was Arnold Ambrose’s beautiful little HMS York that came third in this category (maritime scratchbuilt) this year. You can see it in the background of the competition photo of Carpathia earlier on in this thread. 

Encouragingly ‘GW’s’ little Cog sailing ship ,which you can also see in the background, came 4rd (highly commended).  So in a way this year both Arnold and I kind of beat GW for once. Kind of! 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

... it was Arnold Ambrose’s beautiful little HMS York that came third in this category (maritime scratchbuilt) this year. ...

... ‘GW’s’ little Cog sailing ship ,which you can also see in the background, came 4rd (highly commended). ...

:speak_cool:

• Thanks 2