E-2C Hawkeye

Friends,

This is the Hasegawa E-2C Hawkeye.  When I put this one together, I wanted something unique and different on my shelf.  The kit was straightforward and I added Scale Aircraft Conversions metal landing gear, cockpit, and gear wells.  Because of the nature of the airframe in kit form, it is ripe to be a tail sitter.  I am pleased that I was able to get this one to sit properly.  With the radome and complex tail, I added a very large lead fishing sinker just aft of the cockpit inside the fuselage.  I then smothered the lead weights with plumbers putty and happily, the Hawkeye sat right.  I did experience plenty of problems with the decals.  I used Authentic Decals ( #72-30  Pacific Fleet ).  The first nondescript decal broke apart.  I then used the squadron markings and went with standard stars, numbers, and letters from other sources.   From the reference pictures I found on the internet, Hawkeyes did not weather much so I lightly dusted the big bird.  I would  suggest this kit only for modelers with more experience.  

Thank you in advance!!!!!!

Respectfully submitted,

Mike

IMG-8469.jpg

IMG-8486.jpg

IMG-8473.jpg

IMG-8471.jpg

IMG-8472.jpg

IMG-8484.jpg

IMG-8487.jpg

IMG-8479.jpg

IMG-8488.jpg

• Like 24

Another Hawkeye from the Hasegawa kit - and beautifully done too!

Surely this is a sign that I should advance my kit (also the Hasegawa) in the to-do pile.

Always a fascinating plane to look at; if I can build the kit half as well as yours I'll be pleased.

:clap: