1/200 Hatchette HMS Hood

Hi guys. I finished this build last week. It was started 8 years ago but has been on and off the work bench for many years. But so glad to see the back of it as it was a terrible kit. I haven't installed the Lifeboats as I lost some parts after many house moves over the years. 

Chris

5qvz4N5.jpgWROkCwi.jpgMc6xK6L.jpgkLSh6C2.jpgQN76IWs.jpgdCgGwMY.jpgh6IHX9g.jpg2ZTSD76.jpgUmY4NUX.jpgxNaEMA2.jpgx5AnYVb.jpgNOvwJjr.jpgRShQ6k1.jpgd8DlUWP.jpgsSx9hA2.jpg

• Like 36

4 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Chris, I've never done a kit this scale, mine are quite basic in 1/600. But this looks very good to me. You can't get some boats and screws to finish her off? Regards, Jeff.

Thanks for looking in, I'm looking into the boats. As for the screws I've fitted them now. Found in the draw when clearing the sprues away. 

Chris

Edited by magpie1832
  • Like 1

A quick rudimentary calculations makes the model at about 4'6" long (1.37m) that's a big old lump of model. Any chance of some photographs against a less cluttered background? It would be most appreciated but she indeed looks "Mighty" (as she should).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Heyo Chris, saw his pop up in another thread recently and got to say she looks quite magnificent. Couldn't have guessed it was a terrible kit, and whilst I'd love to see you populate this with boats, I quite like the cleaner look without. Hopefully, after what sounds like a tumultuous relationship, she has pride of place somewhere these days.

David

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...