Gorby's 100% Scratch-Built Angry Slug – A7V in 1/48!

For those who have endured the WIP for this, it needs no introduction, so let me introduce my 1/48 100% scratch-built A7V tank and base (I may have got a little carried away with the 'basic' base which is also 100% scratch-built and cost me £0.00).

It would have been nice to use some figures (preferably in 'running away' poses), but of course none are available in this scale.

601730-20442-75.jpg

601731-20442-15.jpg 601734-20442-29.jpg

601732-20442-73.jpg

601733-20442-58.jpg

601735-20442-73.jpg

601736-20442-13.jpg

601737-20442-53.jpg

601738-20442-73.jpg

601740-20442-12.jpg

601739-20442-66.jpg

Thanks to anyone who has offered help and encouragement during the build and particular thanks to @SleeperService for giving me the idea.

If you're interested this is the WIP thread.

Gorby.

Edited by Gorby
I forgot to add the link. What a plonker!
  • Like 46

Orsum, for a first scratch build that must be really satisfying. Like the dio too & it illustrates perfectly the major defect of this tank & also the french St Chamond. It has either stopped because it can't go any further or it is just about to. What's next now that you're a scratch build ninja?

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, spaddad said:

for a first scratch build that must be really satisfying.

It is very satisfying, I'm well please how it turned out.

40 minutes ago, spaddad said:

it illustrates perfectly the major defect of this tank & also the french St Chamond.

I was thinking that if it went much further, it would just fall into the trench and get stuck – not a great design.

40 minutes ago, spaddad said:

What's next

The hovel that is my work room needs to be gutted and put back together before I start on the next one, I'm not sure what it will be yet.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

That's an absolutely fantastic, unbelievable and marvellous piece of beautifully finished scratch building, Gorby - you are simply the creme de la creme of scratch builders.

...now, about that free bolt cutting tool thingy that you may promise me if I continue to be a complete toadying sycophant...

Seriously, it looks amazing and it doesn't need figures; the abandoned Lewis gun is enough to make us all hear the Lieutenant calling 'Run Away, Run Away' repeatedly. 

11/10 or more for this job!

Cheers

Andrew

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, McNab said:

That's an absolutely fantastic, unbelievable and marvellous piece of beautifully finished scratch building, Gorby - you are simply the creme de la creme of scratch builders.

...now, about that free bolt cutting tool thingy that you may promise me if I continue to be a complete toadying sycophant...

Seriously, it looks amazing and it doesn't need figures; the abandoned Lewis gun is enough to make us all hear the Lieutenant calling 'Run Away, Run Away' repeatedly. 

11/10 or more for this job!

If I keep basking in the light of any more of this praise, I'll get a tan.

You don't get a free patented (I wish) bolt cutter thingy by fawning (not unless your an attractive and of the female variety, in which case, fawn away).

10 hours ago, McNab said:

'Run Away, Run Away'

Another Python fan (I would do a thumbs up emojiwhatsit but whenever I try to use emojiwhatsits on BM my pooter has a meld down).

• Sad 1

No free thingy? Well stuff you and your little tank then 😜😜😜 and no not female but male with  a beard. So there again. Hah.

Then l had another look at the photos of the finished article. Dammit l have to stick to my original comments minus dreadful toadying.... damned fine work. 

Cheers

Andrew

• Thanks 1