Italeri M47 1/35th

Dave_R

Hi All,

I remember (just) building this one back in the early '80's  and remember it as a quick and easy build, of course my memory may well flawed and my expectations may have changed.

I'm want to do it as a quick out of the box build and I'm aiming to have mostly done by Monday.

JBg4lQuWSJOfz1rPQO3lZYCt2VXwkA94JCzUsQSx

m0E3_nHg-QB0HrctxQfwoq3sQqePf8BUJOstelSd

vjl_00toeQh_ZW3IZneVW6DWAywAQCgx4jE8-iLH

zDjcyS4C6zYLPmqD5EUPtTeSkTzjR-zaKOWygcth

So time to get cracking and see far how I can get by tonight.

Dave.

Edited by Dave_R
ma wurds
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave_R said:

I'm want to do it as a quick out of the box build and I'm aiming to have mostly done by Monday.

Hello Dave Welcome to the build with your M47. Going for an old school oob build sounds like fun. I look forward to reading along. Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything. Now I'm off to watch that video you posted, looks quite interesting. 

Dennis

Hi All

Most of the building work is done.

68WAe5VetmQ9dAqvCm4bWb95x4aZB4ZXfxTtdVWW

B45HAXQXsfb4pB13E5YRJiPKeYhnSqodVo8tLSpp

So, not bad progress for today, unfortunately the Carpet Monster has been well fed today.  It's dined on a couple of handles, a bracket and large a lifting shackle :swear:

Tomorrow I'll get some paint on it and then onto the wheels and tracks.

Dave.

• Like 3

H All,

Here it is after a coat of my favorite black primer.

tlMaMHkED8DLgo6NSFBehsia_dDTO1YqSATNENvQ

5MTu5jJ8MU9oPFSO7SsEmywGnXkgZ3TxWEcTenZy

Hopefully by this afternoon I'll have it airbrushed in Tamiya XF-62 and then it's on to to dreaded wheel painting.

Dave.

• Like 3

Hi All,

Yesterday I got the wheels done in one marathon session, I now know it takes me ten minutes to do one pair of wheels - 11 pair per side = 110 minutes per side = 220 minutes call it three and a half hours :sleep_1:.

L6Gw7bvBjjlxdoKmy7FO-p5gFsLWBkE_pIkn5DuM

qo06QOOAoEHn9wLZ3g5vdfHhZ-myy0Sh7sF9ULgf

I got a bit more done today pics to follow tomorrow.

Dave.

• Like 4

Hi All,

Decals and tracks on.

2QAh-UxWzmSChmKUy-CHeQW0t2nTjlzutWFySSwq

xDy-Hz8yNAurljtVneH2U_FhbXa-tLuLn5pBMydE

I brushed on a coat of Microflat, as the Tamiya finish was very flat and "biscuity" (is that a word?) and it's turned out as a semi-gloss finish. It sort of looks right to me as I visualise western tanks of the 50's and 60's as being a bit shiny prior to the introduction of the current paint finishes.

I went with the French markings as there are some variations in the type of ironmongery welded onto these things and the pictures of the French tanks where the only ones consistently showing the right combos of metal bashing.

Thats probably it for now, I need get a couple of builds finished for the NATO v WARPAC GB and wurk and stuff.

Dave.

Edited by Dave_R
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dennis,

I've done the lights, MG etc. so a bit of light weathering and de Gaulle would be proud. 

This week I been working on finishing two builds for the NATO/Warpac GB - and then I'll prioritise according to due deadlines ahead of the D-Day GB for which I've at least four maybe five kits to build - oh yeah and that Blitz build to do as well.😨!

Dave.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave. Just been checking out the photos of your M47 in the Gallery and it looks excellent! Very well done. :clap2::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix