1/35 80/90's British Infantry

Nick C

Hi

I've got a Takom Chieftain Mk11 and FV432 next on the list. I've got vehicle crew figures but would quite like to open up the back of the 432.

Does anyone know of any decent late 80's early 90's 1/35 British Infantry figures that are available to help man a diorama?

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick

Not much out there. Accurate Armour do some individual figures that are appropriate for late 1980s/early 1990s.

Otherwise, Dragon's old "Desert Rats" 4-figure set but they have the body armour which wasn't normally seen in peacetime exercises. You maybe able to convert them to suit your plans.

Chris

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dr_Flangemeister said:

Hi Nick

Not much out there. Accurate Armour do some individual figures that are appropriate for late 1980s/early 1990s.

Otherwise, Dragon's old "Desert Rats" 4-figure set but they have the body armour which wasn't normally seen in peacetime exercises. You maybe able to convert them to suit your plans.

Chris

They were also in noddy suites, of which I spent almost every exercise in Germany wearing but they are good for taking kit from. 

Not the best moulding as they were a product of the era but handy to have. The SA80's aren't too bad which is a plus.

Dan 

• Like 1

I'm sure we could let you have a handful of Airfix "Modern British Infantry" ("Modern" = c.1980 in this case). Trouble is, they are classic Airfix polythene figures, and they are very much "In Action" so it would have to be a live firing exercise...

best,

M.

• Like 1

Gecko models do some nice WWII figures and are now doing modern British, might be worth dropping them a line for some cold war stuff?

15.jpg

16.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Julien said:

Gecko models do some nice WWII figures and are now doing modern British, might be worth dropping them a line for some cold war stuff?

15.jpg

16.jpg

Thanks Julien, I'll do that 👍

On 5/5/2019 at 1:08 PM, Julien said:

15.jpg

16.jpg

Email fired off to Gecko to ask for 70/80’s troops! Anybody else to do the same?